Third Reich youth (HJ) armband information

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
94teggy

Third Reich youth (HJ) armband information

Post by 94teggy » 16 Mar 2023, 19:55

Hi all, I was recently helping my parents clean out their storage unit when I stumbled across an armband that my mother's uncle brought back with him from his service in WW2 tucked away in a cigar box. (photos attached for ref)

Through research on this forum and other websites I've been able to determine the following info from the RZM tag attached to the inside of the armband.

Style - Hitler Youth (HJ)
Tax code for the item - B (one step more than the least level of worksmanship)
Product type = A4 producer of fabric textiles/badges (Textilabzeichen hersteller)
Serial number - U 202887 (later manufacture date)

The last thing I'm having trouble with is determining who the producer (Hersteller) because it appears that "802" is the code stamped on the back and I could not find any manufacturer with the code "802". There is also possibly a stamp over the RZM portion of the tag but it's worn or indistinguishable. Any help would be greatly appreciated and also if I got any info wrong in my research above please feel free to enlighten me. I'm just curious to learn any info I can from this "barn find".
tag.JPG
band.JPG

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Third Reich youth (HJ) armband information

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 17 Mar 2023, 01:42

Genuine ,,keep it or sell it these HJ armbands are going up in price here in the USA

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”