himmler uniform & documents

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
rosey

himmler uniform & documents

Post by rosey » 18 Jan 2004, 23:19

To all you seriuos collectors out there, I ran across a man a couple of days ago and he said he found someone that had a original Himmler Uniform with documents. it belongs to a old collector who died and there daughter wants to sell it. I'm trying to get pictures or go see this uniform, but the lady is not for sure she wants to sell the items. if she does she wants no contact with the buyer, she wants a middle man to sell it for her(dont ask me why). I need any information out there that might prove or disapprove that it can't be possible, if indeed there may be any of Himmlers Uniforms available. The price is going to be around 100,000 euro's for the collection. This is kinda of steep for me, I might be able to come up with the money if it is so. If I can't, is there any serious collectors out there that might be interested????

Orok

Post by Orok » 18 Jan 2004, 23:23

Here we go again!

rosey

Post by rosey » 19 Jan 2004, 07:29

What do you mean by that? I'm not your everyday collector!!! orack

Luft300

Post by Luft300 » 14 Jan 2008, 19:51

I love to go back through the old threads and see what is what... this is an interesting thread... what ever happened to the Himmler uniform and paperwork?

There is a guy on MCF who was showing off his collection of very high-end uniforms: Army and Luftwaffe Generalfeldmarschall, Generals, Admirals, SS Generals including a gray-green Heinrich Himmler uniform. From what I could see in the pictures, it as "Fake City" including the Himmler piece. Heard about some guy who dug out one of Himmler's uniforms from one of his secretaries, which salted it away for years. It turned out to be a Janke uniform and all fake insignia. As far as I know, there has been only ONE of Himmler's uniforms recovered after the war and that is his white tunic. I would be very surprised if another authentic Himmler uniform ever came to light, and if so it would be severely scrutinized for authenticity... it would have to have superb provenance.

Luft300

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 14 Jan 2008, 20:03

Luft300 wrote: As far as I know, there has been only ONE of Himmler's uniforms recovered after the war and that is his white tunic. I would be very surprised if another authentic Himmler uniform ever came to light, and if so it would be severely scrutinized for authenticity... it would have to have superb provenance.

Luft300
Precisely, interesting to see what's on offer though, Rosey, if you post clear close-up photo's we'll be able to tell in a minute or two if it's real or facsimile.

Ian.

maxxx

Post by maxxx » 15 Jan 2008, 17:52

150000 Dollar for the uniform of a former chicken farmer is incredibile even if it was not a fake :D

RTFREY

Post by RTFREY » 15 Jan 2008, 18:54

Reply to Rosey,
IF what you say is true then I do have a serious collector in Saudi Arabia who would be interested. He is one of their many princes, and I do security arrangements for him, and his family when they visit the US.

First I need detailed photos of all aspects of this piece and any supporting documents.If his agent agrees with what he sees the next step is an on site inspection of this item by his experts.

If they feel this is authentic he will pay by international wire transfer.

Money is not an object with him but authenticity is.

Be advised that any attempt at fraud or deception will result in legal action by him thru his US attorneys.

I am posting this rather then using a PM so there is no doubt about what is said, and I request you do the same.

regards,
Bob Frey
Last edited by RTFREY on 17 Jan 2008, 18:51, edited 2 times in total.

new2this

Post by new2this » 16 Jan 2008, 05:46

I'm a complete nobody on the collectors' circuit, but the 'middleman' demand of the seller makes me nervous. I'm imagining it as a security facet, in the event the buyer decides to follow legal action. The seller and agent can then fingerpoint and talk misconstrued or misunderstood descriptions, rather than purposeful deception. Again, just an observation.

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 16 Jan 2008, 11:04

May I suggest that your 'seller' needs to have this ensemble authenticated and that isn't going to happen without photographs being aired and assessed impartially. I'm sure there are several members on here and WAF without the will or funds to buy this tunic, but who would gladly cast a knowedgeable eye over it.

Ian.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”