Albert Bormann's Uniform

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Ken Jasper
In memoriam

Albert Bormann's Uniform

Post by Ken Jasper » 12 Jul 2002, 21:39

Have any pieces of Albert Bormann's NSKK uniform surfaced in collector circles?

Kent Berg

Albert

Post by Kent Berg » 15 Jul 2002, 03:12

Thats a good question, and I assume there are, somewhere, most collectors, with the large, more expensive collections, keep very, very private, and almost never let out what they own, so, I would almost say yes, somewhere, theres items of his floating around, remember, he lived long after the war, so most items likely went to family, or freinds, and might not ever surface. Many of the high end, personality uniforms stay put, hidden from the rest of the world, and when a collector sells, they usually sell privately, so the items sometimes never come up on the open market, an example, I have one of GeneralOberst Alfred Jodls informs, named, but this uniform have not ever been for sale on the open market, and most likely never will. Too many people keep quite about these items for fear of theft, or publicity.

Ken Jasper
In memoriam

Post by Ken Jasper » 15 Jul 2002, 04:48

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if any of his uniforms ever showed up in a high level auction house like Himmler's have in the past.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”