Fraud perpetrated by Forum member!

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Robert Kondor

Fraud perpetrated by Forum member!

Post by Robert Kondor » 16 Jul 2002, 08:08

Dear Forum Members!

This is my first posting on this Forum but have been visiting here for many months now reading the different postings, however today I come before you with a very serious matter.

I have been a collector of WW2 Hungarian militaria for years, in particular the paratroopers, and I'm constantly on the lookout for items related to them. I browse Ebay a lot and I bumped into a uniform set that the seller claimed was a paratroop officer's and "was worn throughout the war by a man named Gustaf Abel". I knew right away I was witnessing a fraud.
Gusztav Abel is a Hungarian paratrooper veteran whom I know personally. He was not an officer but an NCO.
Gusztav told me that his uniform was taken from him by the Russians when he became a POW and he never saw it again. Not only that, but this 'Ebay' uniform is nothing more than an Infantry one and has absolutely nothing to do with the paratroop branch. The seller was looking for an incredible $3150. The auction is now over and fortunately his reserve was not met.
I was quite upset by this whole thing so, I decided to investigate for myself and by using an alias I emailed the seller requesting some additional information. He responded with a pack of lies and also told me that Gusztav was now dead.
Now here comes the real kicker!
A member of this Forum "Geppistoly Katona" is advertising the exact same uniform for $800 but has a completely different story with it. He does not call it paratrooper but says that it came from a friend of one of his relatives.

Please check out the pictures of the Hungarian uniform in the "For sale" section of the Forum by "Geppistoly Katona" and then check out Ebay# 2121002286 by "militariawoman". It's the same thing!!! (Less the badges)
Also, look at the "Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia" section of this Forum, you will find another posting by "Geppistoly", it's the "I need a master badge maker" ( on July 13th). Again, the picture of the same para badge, just like on Ebay.
Odd, wouldn't you say? Note: both Ebay seller and "Geppistoly" are from Minnesota!

Well, I called Gusztav Abel two days ago and informed him about my findings. His response was an even more unbelievable story about a 14 year old kid who contacted him a year ago looking for information about his wartime experiences. This 'kid' offered to come to take care of him, doing the cooking, house chores etc.
Guess what, the seller on Ebay also claimed to be 14 years old and he wanted me to drive him to Alaska for a fishing trip as he does not have a driver's license. He also said that he has a fishing invention that's worth $3 million and just submitted it for a patent and when this deal pays off for him he'll just give me the uniform. (of course, only if I drive him to Alaska!)
This is the same person and he is no doubt INSANE!!!
He has now told me that his name is Zack Miller ,but I don't believe he's using his real name. By the way, he did use the same name with my para veteran friend as well.
I can provide all of the correspondence between him and I to prove what I say here.

I checked out a lot of "Geppistoly Katona's postings and I found what I believe to be a picture of him under the "FISHING!!!!" thread in "The Lounge" section. He is standing in a boat, holding a fish and is wearing a baseball cap and glasses. He is no 14 year old kid for sure but more like a twentysomething.

Well gentlemen, check out the evidence and see if you come to the same conclusion. I believe that "Geppistoly" / "Zack Miller" is a FRAUD and needs to be exposed. I know it's a serious charge but I know I'm not making a mistake.
Thanks for listening and I'm looking forward to hearing your responses.

Best regards,
Robert Kondor

Benjamin Fanjoy
Banned

Post by Benjamin Fanjoy » 16 Jul 2002, 09:05

Hmmm.....quite interesting. I hope you have proof to post, you might get some flak

steven

Post by steven » 16 Jul 2002, 09:41

Yeah something is weird about this. Especially the "master badge maker" thread and you are correct the uniforms are the same, same room too.

:monkee:

Davey Boy

Post by Davey Boy » 16 Jul 2002, 13:02

Funny stuff. Wonder what Geppi has to say about this. Someone should send him a private message.

Ljunggren

Post by Ljunggren » 16 Jul 2002, 14:58

Thank you for pointing out this character for us! People like him are destroying much more that just the market for German/Axis militaria.

Max

Post by Max » 16 Jul 2002, 15:34

He was using the name [Zack Miller-Kutasi] back in March this year.
See here

pub3.ezboard.com/fskalmanforumaxiscolla ... =597.topic

And if you can be bothered
http://pub3.ezboard.com/fskalmanforumth ... 21&stop=26

Max

Geppistoly Katona

Post by Geppistoly Katona » 16 Jul 2002, 16:24

Im well, he is right, HOWEVER, I was missinformed from the MAN I BOUGHT IT FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND IF YOU WOULD HAVE ASKED GUSZTAVS SON I HAD HIS WHOLE HEARTED PERMISSION TO GO ON SELLING IT AS SUCH, WHICH I DID where I had already had it, when I posted it here I changed it.....

YOU SHOULD ASK SOME QUESTIONS OF THE OWNERS BEFORE YOU SHOOT YOUR MOUTH OFF XXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO AHEAD ASK GUS JR HE"LL TELL YA I HAD FULL PERMISSION TO ADVERTISE IT AS SOO....................!!!!!!!!!!
Ismétlopuska ember-Ferfi

Geppistoly Katona

Post by Geppistoly Katona » 16 Jul 2002, 16:32

ANd I WANTED A MASTER BADGE MAKER TO MAKE ONE TOO SEE IF IT WAS REALLY EVEN A TRUE PARATROOPS BADGE, SO I CAN TELL IF I HAD AN ORIGINAL OR A FAKE MYSELF XXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I EVEN TOLD ANYONE WHO WAS SERIOUS ABOUT BUYING IT, IE THE FINAL BUYER, I TOLD HIM I WASN'T SURE IF THE BADGES WERE REAL OR NOT, AND I TOLD HIM I DONT THINK THE PAPERS ARE ORIGINALS, AND TOLD HIM THE UNIFORM IS FOR SURE A HUNGARIAN ORIGINAL............ SOLD IT TOO HIM FOR $1,000.00.....EVEN FOR A REGULAR HUNGARIAN UNIFORM THAT IS A NICE PRICE, IF I WAS SURE IT WAS A FULL FLEDGED ORIGINAL WOULDNT I BE SELLING IT FOR MORE LIKE $1,000,000.00 ??????????????????????????????????????

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU XXXXXX WOULD TAKE SUCH A TONE WITH ME BEFORE YOU GOT YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

THANKS TO WHOEVER GAVE ME THE HEADSUP, WOULDNT BEEN FOR YOU I COULDNT HAVE STRAIGHTENED THIS THING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ismétlopuska ember-Ferfi

Geppistoly Katona

Post by Geppistoly Katona » 16 Jul 2002, 16:41

NOW THAT YOU KNOW I HAD PERMISSION FROM THE ABEL'S TO ADVERTISE IT AS HIS UNIFORM YOU REALLY FEEL LIKE A MAN NOW DONT YA PANSY ????

HUH WHATS IT LIKE OVER THERE IN FARIE LAND WHERE YOU CAN ACCUSE SOMEONE OF A CRIME FREELY??????

I WONDER IF THERE IS A WAY I CAN TAKE YOU TO COURT FOR SLANDER?????

ANY LAWYERS HERE?????? IS THERE A WAY I CAN TAKE HIM TO COURT FOR SLANDER???????

YOU BETTER HOPE THERE ISNT BECAUSE I WILL TAKE YOU FOR ALL YOU GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ismétlopuska ember-Ferfi

Geppistoly Katona

Post by Geppistoly Katona » 16 Jul 2002, 16:44

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I'M PISSED, SOME OF YOU XXXXX ARE PSYCHO, LAST POST YOU HAVE HEARD OUT OF ME, I HAVE HAD TO PUT UP WITH XXXXXX LONG ENOUGH. REGARDLESS IF MILAN WANTS ME TO STAY AND HELP HIM I'M THE HELL OUT, ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FROM ME YOU KNOW MY E-MAIL ADRESS...........

AND YOU IF THERE IS A LAW, YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM MY LAWYER PRETTY DAMN SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ismétlopuska ember-Ferfi

Ljunggren

Post by Ljunggren » 16 Jul 2002, 17:04

You could always try to sue in Hungary...

Kent Berg

Post by Kent Berg » 16 Jul 2002, 18:21

Gentleman, I think we have heard enough here, and I will lock this down. I can understand bitter feelings here, but we do NOT need foul language, under any circumstances. I have XXXXX out any bad language in order to keep the thread showing for other members to see, usually it should be deleted totally, but, I think we all need to calm down a bit. I am sorry, but this forum is not the place for this type of fighting, please email each other directly, and dont use the forum for this, if the information is correct, or incorrect, thats up to the people directly involved, therefore, keep any further information to yourselves if you intend to fight about it. The forum can use information that helps other members, but information needs to be checked and rechecked before you make a posting. We all need to keep one another informed when things like this pop up, but make sure your information is solid!

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”