Marked chinstraps...

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Kampfhund13

Marked chinstraps...

Post by Kampfhund13 » 22 Mar 2002, 01:57

Can anyone tell me where I might find original marked chinstraps? I have 2 SS helmets I'd like to get SS marked straps for. Also, were the markings on chinstraps relative to a specific service or helmet or did it just not matter? Any help would be great!

Kent Berg

chinstraps

Post by Kent Berg » 22 Mar 2002, 05:28

Finding original chinstraps is very hard these days, BUT, reproductions abound everywhere, and most are aged to look the part, they are made of the same leather, same stampings etc, and are hard to tell the difference. so, word of caution on what you buy, try some of the bigger dealers in the states, and email and ask them for any, but keep in mind, reproductions are perfect, mainly SS. Try Bill Shea at The Ruptured duck, tell him I sent you, my web site has them once in a blue moon, its at relicsofthereich.com

Webley

Chinstraps

Post by Webley » 24 Mar 2002, 23:22

As far as I know the only markings found on chinstraps are either:
"RBNr" + a serial no. or the manufacturers name/initials and production year. I haven't heard of chinstraps with spesific service markings i.e SS, Heer or Luftwaffe however I'm not 100% certain.

If you want to get hold of original chinstraps be prepared to pay somewhere between $30-$70 depending on the condition. You could visit this site:http://www.bands.kki.pl they have a lot of accessories for German helmets.

I also advise you to visit: http://www.german-helmets.com for more information about original vs reproduction chinstraps.

Hope this answeres your questions!

Kampfhund13

link...

Post by Kampfhund13 » 25 Mar 2002, 15:45

B&S is a good link, they have quite a few marked straps. Thanks for the help!!!

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”