Generalfeldmarschall Gerd von Rundstedt collar tabs

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
panzermannss

Generalfeldmarschall Gerd von Rundstedt collar tabs

Post by panzermannss » 15 Aug 2002, 09:54

Why did Generalfeldmarschall Gerd von Rundstedt wear the officer collar tabs instead of the Generalfeldmarschall collar tabs??? Thanks!!!

veiw photo http://www.tramsey.ramseysemporium.com/fp.htm

Wilfried Abenaschon

Post by Wilfried Abenaschon » 15 Aug 2002, 23:56

8O Who could answer that ?! After he was promoted FM, I don't remember to have seen him with Larisch (generals insignias on the collar patches). Leeb did the same.
He was honorary Chef des 18. Infanterie Regiment.
Willab

Kent Berg

GFM

Post by Kent Berg » 16 Aug 2002, 15:23

As honorary Chef des 18. Infanterie Regiment, he was entitled to wear either tabs, but choose often to wear the tabs related to his former regt. He did also wear the standard GFM tabs in both bullion and cellon. From what I have seen, it seems split down the middle as to him wearing both tabs, Several photos taken in 1944 show him in his GFM tabs, so it was by choice, and as mentioned, Leeb was the same way, and speaking of Leeb, we just sold his collar tabs on our web site relicsofthereich.com. Shoulderboards were the same way, Generals braided tops, and the color underlay of the Honorary regt. But again, He also wore the Regt. numbers with the Batons on the boards as well, lots of different styles worn by him.

panzermannss

Post by panzermannss » 16 Aug 2002, 23:45

Now I understand Thanks allot!!! This realy helps me.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”