Indentity of this Uniform

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
bpfeffer

Indentity of this Uniform

Post by bpfeffer » 03 Oct 2002, 23:50

Attached is a postcard I have found in some of the belongings of my Grandfather. This is not a picture of My Grandfather as far as I know.
Is there anything that can be identified from the uniform he is wearing?
I thought maybe he was an Officer of Higer Rank as he is wearing breeches and riding boots. I thought perhaps this man could be a member of the Kolonial Poizei for the occupied territories?
I apologize for the lack of detail in the photo. Could this possibly be a photo of Karl von Pfeffer-Wildenbruch ?
Attachments
greeky.jpg
greeky.jpg (35.88 KiB) Viewed 818 times

HPL2008

Postcard from Greece

Post by HPL2008 » 04 Oct 2002, 00:01

Sorry, not too much can be told from this photograph; but here's what's for sure:
He wears the national emblem (eagle) above his right breast pocket, so he is not a member of the SS or police, but a Wehrmacht man. (Therefore it can't be von Pfeffer-Wildenbruch.)

His exact rank can not be made out either, but he is definitely an officer. (Double-claw buckle, breeches, chin cords on the cap.)

Hope this helps anyway.

bpfeffer

thank you

Post by bpfeffer » 04 Oct 2002, 03:50

thank you for the information, it is a diffult task to indentify this gentleman!
your help is appreciated

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 04 Oct 2002, 16:17

Its not Pfeffer Wildenbruch. P-W was in the SS. See photo below.
The man in your photo is wearing an army uniform (Heer), and does appear to be an officer. He does not, however, seem to have many decorations on his left chest. Perhaps he was a friend or commander of your grandfather. Did your grandfather serve in Greece? The photo is a classic wartime tourist pose.

Karl Pfeffer-Wildenbruch:
From: http://www.bibl.u-szeged.hu/bibl/mil/ww ... effer.html

Bjørn from Norway
In memoriam

My guess

Post by Bjørn from Norway » 04 Oct 2002, 18:44

Hello!
Appearently taken in Greece, the uniform looks very much like a standard German army uniform. My guess is that is pictures a "Hauptmann" or "Major".

B.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”