China

Discussions on the final era of the Ottoman Empire, from the Young Turk Revolution of 1908 until the Treaty of Lausanne in 1923.
jerryasher

China

Post by jerryasher » 26 Oct 2020, 19:23

Please excuse my ignorance-this is my first post on this board. Did China Declare war on the Empire? I know she required Turkish citizens to register as aliens after she declared war on Germany and the Austro-Hungarian Empire; but don't know if a state of war was declared. Were there any Ottoman Empire ships in China at the time? Many thanks in advance.

stevebecker

Re: China

Post by stevebecker » 26 Oct 2020, 22:32

Mate,

I am not aware of any interaction between China and the Ottoman Empire, maybe one for Tosun?

China was not a country at war with the Central Powers, German China parts were all taken back by Japan with British help?

As far as I know no Chinese troops were used any where in the war, other then Labor Companies used by the British?

S.B

jerryasher

Post by jerryasher » 27 Oct 2020, 19:56

Thank you Mate.
In August 1917 China did Declare War on Germany and the Austro-Hungarian Empire. In April 1918 a Chinee cruiser was deployed to Vladivostok and Chinese troops were deployed after the July 1918 decision was made to send forces to Vladivostok. Later, the commander of the United States forces wrote, "The Chinese troops in Siberia were very faithful to the obligations they assumed, attended strickly to their own business and did not mettle in the affairs of other people." Again thank you for sharing.

stevebecker

Post by stevebecker » 28 Oct 2020, 22:43

Mate,

I take it you are refering to the Allied Troops sent to help the White Army against the Red Army?

Its new to me that Chinese Troops were used.

But we lean each day.

Of cause while China may declared war against Germany and Austraia, maybe like the USA they didn't declare war on the Ottoman Empire?

S.B

Return to “The end of the Ottoman Empire 1908-1923”