English brothers in Turkish service

Discussions on the final era of the Ottoman Empire, from the Young Turk Revolution of 1908 until the Treaty of Lausanne in 1923.
Peter H

English brothers in Turkish service

Post by Peter H » 22 Feb 2007, 11:31

Tosun posted this elsewhere but I think it deserves its own thread:
1st Lt. Yakup Robenson & 1st Lt. Abdurrahman Robenson Both officers were the sons of an English family Lady Sarah and Spencer Robenson who imigrated from India to Istanbul. They converted to Islam. lady Sarah got the name Fatma/Fatima and father Spencer Abdullah. They grew up their son as real Turkish Gentlemen. They were both students of Galatasaray and players of the football team. Abdurrahmen falled at Caucasus Front in 1915 and Yakup falled at Palastine front in 1916 while fighting againts British. Abdurrahmen Bey wrote to his team Captain Ali sami Bey from Erzurum (East Front) on Feb 13, 1915 " My Brother Ali Sami Bey We arrived to Erzurum in 35 days after our departure from Istanbul. We will be here for a few days. Then we will go to the front line. I have still the badge of our clup on my uniform. I shall bear the badge in all battles. If I die the badge will be on my chest and I will be buried with that badge. Long live Galatasaray."

Yakup Robenson wrote to Ali Sami Bey from Cebel et Tur the Tur Mountain of Moses in Jerusalem "My Dear Ali Sami, I learned from ny brother Ahmet that Abdurrahman falled in action. What can I do it is the fate my dear. For the sake of fatherland some will die some will be Ghazi. It will so happen what the God orders."
to be continued...

Thirth son of Robenson family was Ahmet Robenson. He served also in the army and returned as Ghazi. He is the founder of Turkish Boyscout Organization. He was made between July 17 1925 t0 1926 the 6th President of Galatasaray Sporting Clup.Later he imigrated to USA.

Peter H

Post by Peter H » 22 Feb 2007, 11:38

Tosun Saral

Post by Tosun Saral » 22 Feb 2007, 11:59

Dear Peter, Thank you for your post. Axis is my home/stamm page. I wrote this information at Axis. Someone from an other forum posted it to great war forum mentioning our names.
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... alatasaray

Peter H

Post by Peter H » 22 Feb 2007, 12:19

Thanks Tosun.

I hope you will like this new section.

Your efforts here are appreciated by all.

Regards
Peter

Tosun Saral

Post by Tosun Saral » 05 Aug 2007, 15:23

Cav. Lt.Yakup Robenson in battle dress (on the left standing) of the camel raiders with other officers.

sitting 2nd from right Cav.Lt. Halet the school mate of him from Galatasaray

sitting 3rd from right their commander Cav. Capt. Süreyya Bey.
They all killed at Katya.
May they rest in peace
So mote it be!
Attachments
hecin suvar.jpg
hecin suvar.jpg (47.87 KiB) Viewed 1295 times

Tosun Saral

Re: English brothers in Turkish service

Post by Tosun Saral » 04 Jan 2013, 00:20

Abdurrahman Robenson and his brother Ahmet
Attachments
Ahmet Robnson.jpg