Turkish Military Cemetary of 20th Div.

Discussions on the final era of the Ottoman Empire, from the Young Turk Revolution of 1908 until the Treaty of Lausanne in 1923.
Tosun Saral

Turkish Military Cemetary of 20th Div.

Post by Tosun Saral » 30 Jun 2007 16:37

Col.Mehmet Şevki Yazman's book "Mehmetcik Avrupa'da"(Turkish Soldier at Europa)
is republished by Mr. Kansu Şarman under the title "Kumandanım Galiçya Ne Yana Düşer?"( My Commander Where is Galizia?) Publication of Türkiye İş Bankası, 2006, p.270
"The last duty to our mytries
There are many military graveyards in Demnia, Podvisoki and Hoçişko.
The XV th AC and XIX Div. builded a mililary cemetary at Podvisoki for their mytries with a inscribtion on the wall. It was our duty to build the cemetary in Hoçişko and Demnia .
We had enought cement, stones and equipment and builded our cemetary with walls around it. In the middle of the cemetary at Hoçişko we built a monument with pillars and a dom. We inscripted on a marmor plate the following sentence:

"Voyager! Salut the sprits of dear mytries of XX th Turkish AC who resisted againts the enemy during 12 months and trew them back to their home. Pray to the souls of those who have fallen for Fatherland far away from Fatherland."

I dont know still today even if a Turk could able to visit this secret place since we left Galizia? Or If the secret place of ours still exist within many bloody events that occured during the long period of time? But I am sure that we fullfilled our last duty to our fallen soldiers before we left home for ever."

TS's Nota:The pictures are from our Military cemetary called PODVIZOKI. The cemetary still exists. By clicking on the page one can visit and pray for the souls of them.
I pray that they rest in light
So mote it be!

http://tarihforum.com/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=

http://www.personal.ceu.hu/students/97/ ... atnyky.htm

gallipoli1915

Post by gallipoli1915 » 01 Jul 2007 21:06

Dear Tosun,

Do you know where is this grave in Germany?

Yetkin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tosun Saral

Post by Tosun Saral » 02 Jul 2007 17:48

Dear Yetkin, no idea. I found the image in ebay without information.

Return to “The end of the Ottoman Empire 1908-1923”