Ottoman Royal Family after Exile

Discussions on the final era of the Ottoman Empire, from the Young Turk Revolution of 1908 until the Treaty of Lausanne in 1923.
ottoman

Ottoman Royal Family after Exile

Post by ottoman » 17 Jan 2006, 02:29

first of all, hello forum members
This is my first time that I add some information to the forum. No idea if they are useful.

After Turkish Indepence War, a new republic of Turkey was formed and the Ottoman royal family was obliged to exile. France, Austria and Egypt are amongst the states they immigrated.

I have some information to share:
> Ertugrul Osman is the grandson of Abdulhamit II and the son of Vahdettin (aka Mehmet VI), who is the last sultan of the empire. When he was in Vienna, there was an American lady who visited them for times. And Ertugrul Osman's father did not like the man who came with her. Because of that, the man did not go upstairs with the lady and stayed on the first floor to wait for the lady. While he was waiting for her, he talked to Ertugrul Osman and his brother. After years, what Ertugrul Osman had discovered was that the man his father did not like, was Hitler. (source: http://www.sabah.com.tr/2004/07/23/gnd103.html in Turkish) Osman Ertugrul is the oldest surviving member of the family.

> One of the last Ottomans enrolled in the US army. He fought in D-Day and saved the land from the Nazis.

Excuse me if my language is bothering.
Attachments
ertugrul efendi.jpg
Ertugrul Osman
ertugrul efendi.jpg (3.95 KiB) Viewed 2108 times
Last edited by ottoman on 26 Jan 2006, 18:29, edited 3 times in total.

Hueylongforpresident

Re: Ottoman Royal Family after Exile

Post by Hueylongforpresident » 20 Jan 2006, 00:01

[quote="ottoman"][...]
> One of the latest Ottomans was enrolled in the US army. He fights in D-Day and saves the land from the Nazis.

[...].[/quote]

If you have any more information on this it would be very interesting!

seljuk

Post by seljuk » 25 Jan 2006, 16:45

seljuk

Re: Ottoman Royal Family after Exile

Post by seljuk » 25 Jan 2006, 17:06

Hueylongforpresident wrote:
ottoman wrote:[...]
> One of the latest Ottomans was enrolled in the US army. He fights in D-Day and saves the land from the Nazis.

[...].
If you have any more information on this it would be very interesting!
His name is Burhaneddin Cem. his grandfather was, the last caliph, Abdülmecid. Cem joined us army in 42.
http://www.sabah.com.tr/cp/gnc121-20060115-102.html

Return to “The end of the Ottoman Empire 1908-1923”