Freikorps songs

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Johann von Felsenbau
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Sep 2014 17:10

Ein Landsknecht sei ich von Natur

Postby Johann von Felsenbau » 25 Sep 2014 17:20

I am interested int some of the words to the Freikrops song: Ein Landsknecht sei ich von Natur.
I have the following, but as you can see, am missing some words. Thanks for any help.

[Incomplete and partially correct lyrics removed by moderator. Please see the correct ones below. Ivan Ž.]

User avatar
Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section
Posts: 5064
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 12:28
Location: Serbia

Re: Ein Landsknecht sei ich von Natur

Postby Ivan Ž. » 27 Sep 2014 08:49

Ein Landsknecht.jpg

Lyricist: Martin Eberhard
Source: Deutschland, erwache!



Cheers,
Ivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VonUngern
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Oct 2014 08:49

Postby VonUngern » 19 Oct 2014 09:03

Hi all,

I've been reading with great interest Ernst Von Salomon's book "The outlaws" (Die Geächteten). He at some points refers to songs, and I would like to hear them, but can't find them. They are "song of the pirates of the sea" and "song of the girls of the Baltic sea". Not sure about the titles - I'm giving here translation to english of the french translation in which I read the book. Could anyone help to find the original german titles? And possibly links to the songs themselves.

Many thanks!

SQ37
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: 19 Oct 2012 12:44

Postby SQ37 » 20 Oct 2014 01:13

VonUngern wrote: "song of the pirates of the sea"

Most probably "Wir lieben die Stürme".

http://www.volksliederarchiv.de/text601.html

[Link updated by moderator. Ivan Ž.]

VonUngern
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Oct 2014 08:49

Postby VonUngern » 23 Jan 2015 09:10

I've just read your answer, many thanks!

I've read in a book about freikorps history about a song, could someone help me to find her?

I know that it was originally a navy song, that Panzerlied took the rythm of this song, that the french Foreign Legion has a version of it, which is actually nearly identical to the little part of text I read in my book. It goes:

"The street belongs to whom (descends/goes) in her
The street belongs to the flag of our (Freikorps)
Around us hatred
Around us the dogmas we knock down..."

In case it might be a usefull info, the FFL version us entitled "Képi blanc" and alternatively "la rue appartient" (white képi / the street belongs).

User avatar
Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section
Posts: 5064
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 12:28
Location: Serbia

Re:

Postby Ivan Ž. » 01 Mar 2015 18:08

SQ37 wrote:
VonUngern wrote: "song of the pirates of the sea"

Most probably "Wir lieben die Stürme".

Hmm... This song is estimated to be from 1930 (earliest known publishing 1933) :?

VonUngern wrote:I've read in a book about freikorps history about a song, could someone help me to find her?

I know that it was originally a navy song, that Panzerlied took the rythm of this song, that the french Foreign Legion has a version of it, which is actually nearly identical to the little part of text I read in my book. It goes:

"The street belongs to whom (descends/goes) in her
The street belongs to the flag of our (Freikorps)
Around us hatred
Around us the dogmas we knock down..."

Do you have the German lyrics and which book is in question? There was a Freikorps tribute song "Es stehet im Osten die eiserne Schar" (Panzerwagenlied), which was sang to that melody and which then inspired the new Panzerwagenlied, "Ob's stürmt..." (see viewtopic.php?f=81&t=21189). But as far as I was able to find out, it comes from the Third Reich period (meaning it's not a Freikorps song, but a Third Reich tribute to a Freikorps unit); but there are no such lyrics (those you quoted) in "Es stehet im Osten".

Ivan

User avatar
Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section
Posts: 5064
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 12:28
Location: Serbia

Ihr Sturmsoldaten jung und alt

Postby Ivan Ž. » 07 Apr 2015 02:16

Another Freikorps song by an unknown author, based on the late XIX century song "Es war ein junger Landsturmmann". It was later adopted by the SA and several lyrical variants were made. See also: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27422

Sturmsoldaten.jpg

Lyricist: Anonym
Source: Freikorpslieder



Ivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sauerkraut
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: 18 Feb 2017 20:35
Location: France

Re:

Postby Sauerkraut » 01 Jan 2018 21:30

VonUngern wrote:Hi all,

I've been reading with great interest Ernst Von Salomon's book "The outlaws" (Die Geächteten). He at some points refers to songs, and I would like to hear them, but can't find them. They are "song of the pirates of the sea" and "song of the girls of the Baltic sea". Not sure about the titles - I'm giving here translation to english of the french translation in which I read the book. Could anyone help to find the original german titles? And possibly links to the songs themselves.

Many thanks!


The "song of the pirates of the sea" Von Salomon recalls might be in german "Störtebekers Seeräuberlied", since the same author refers to it in another book (Nähe Geschiste).
( https://www.volksliederarchiv.de/hakenkreuz-am-stahlhelm/ ) If I got the german text right, it is said to be an early, Ehrhardt brigade version of "Hakenkreuz am Stahlhelm". But there is no reference to the pirate Störtebeker in the text, because the version Salomon writes about is even earlier and had only the first verse in common with the one here.


Return to “Music of the Reich”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]