Songs of the NSFK and DLV

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
D-General

Songs of the NSFK and DLV

Post by D-General » 02 Jul 2020, 15:01

[Topic renamed by the host, Ivan Ž.]

Hello there everyone, I know that the various NSDAP Paramilitary Organizations had their own songs, but what makes me curious is the lack of NSFK songs. I'm not sure if this is because they never became popular or that barely any recordings exist.

If anyone can name me some examples of NSFK songs and Information regarding any 78rpm recordings of these songs that exists, I'd appreciate it, since I really wanna satisfy my curiosity, thanks!
"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."(Erwin Rommel)

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re:

Post by Ivan Ž. » 05 Jul 2020, 12:20

Hello,

In June 1933, SA and SS flying units were absorbed by the DLV (Deutscher Luftsport-Verband). In 1937, the DLV was dissolved and succeeded by the NSFK. Being the DLV successor, the NSFK also adopted its music.

A DLV song known to be used by the NSFK was "Maschinen heraus" (the song was credited as "Lied des NSFK" in a 1938 radio broadcast, see Prieberg's Handbuch p. 7851).

The NSFK also used M. C. Krüger's "Deutscher Pilotenmarsch", one of the earliest NS flyers' marches (see Liederheft des NS-Fliegerkorps; also listed there is "Maschinen heraus" and some other early flyers' songs).

The song "Flieger empor!" was also one of the earliest NS flyers' hits, which remained popular in the Luftwaffe as well.

Basically, all NS flyers' music was also the NSFK music, only most of it was created before the organisation was named NSFK.

There was also a wartime NSFK song, composed by Kurt Krüger and written by Alfred Juhre, probably in late 1942 (first published in Jan. 1943): "Unsrer Sehnsucht wuchsen Flügel" [Marsch und Lied des NS-Fliegerkorps], see Deutsche Musikbibliographie, 1943, p. 15. No recordings of the piece are known.

Cheers,
Ivan

D-General

Re:

Post by D-General » 05 Jul 2020, 22:14

Thanks for the Information Ivan, this information is very interesting indeed, have a nice day!

D-General

Re:

Post by D-General » 07 Jan 2021, 10:53

I managed to get a recording of both Maschinen heraus and Deutscher Pilotenmarsch, any chance someone has more detailed information regarding these two particular songs? It would be interesting to learn about them.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re:

Post by Ivan Ž. » 07 Jan 2021, 21:54

Please check the aforementioned links "Maschinen heraus" and "Deutscher Pilotenmarsch", and also "So klang es damals" (scroll down to track 10). The "Deutscher Pilotenmarsch" was also recorded by the Kapelle des S. Sturmbanns 12 conducted by Martin Ewers, twice (vocal & instrumental), in 1933, for Deutsche Crystalate (Kristall). The arranger was the same as in the Deutsche Grammophon recording (see the "So klang es damals" link).

Cheers,
Ivan

D-General

Re:

Post by D-General » 08 Jan 2021, 06:29

Thanks Ivan, much appreciated, have a nice day

Return to “Music of the Reich”