Triumphmarsch der erwachten Nation (Leuchtend steigt jetzt herauf...)

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Mats N

Triumphmarsch der erwachten Nation (Leuchtend steigt jetzt herauf...)

Post by Mats N » 12 Jul 2013, 13:17

[Topic title completed by the host, Ivan Ž.]

Hello all fellow collectors,

Here is Mats Norberg from Sweden writing to you.

In my collection of Soldatenlieder und Märsche in dem Dritten Reich I have a recording of a march which is named 'Triumphmarsch der erwachten Nation'. The problem is that Iunfortunately don't know who is performing on that recording. According to the rules of the AHF I can't post the recording in this Forum, so I just wonder if anyone of you collectors knows if it exists several different recording of this wonderful march?

Thanks a lot from your fellow collector in Sweden,
Mats Norberg

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 12 Jul 2013, 14:34

Ahoi, Mats

The one with soloist was recorded in 1932 by members of the NS-Orchesterring (credited as "NSD"-Marschorchester on the label; the "NSD" stood for "Nationaler Schallplatten-Dienst", a record company), conducted by Hans Bajer, and sung by tenor Heinz Marten. The initial title of the piece was "Triumphmarsch der NSDAP", which was changed to "Triumphmarsch der erwachten Nation" after the Machtergreifung. There are seemingly two recordings with soloist online - but it's actually the same one, only one of them was shortened by someone. The longer version (3:11) is the original one of course. The recording with chorus that can be found online was made in 1933 by Deutsches Blasorchester, conducted by Alfred Engel, and sung by SA-Sturm 67/5. Three more (instrumental) versions are known to me, but they weren't released yet in a digital form as far as I know (conductors: Hellmann, Richter, Woitschach; recorded in 1933, 1933, 1934).

Cheers,
Ivan

Mats N

Post by Mats N » 12 Jul 2013, 17:03

Hello Ivan,

Thank you so very much for your quick reply and interesting information! Then it must be the version recorded by Deutsches Blasorchester, Leitung Alfred Engel that I got. I have 4 recordings made by Deutsches Blasorchester which is from the two Electrola records: EG 2773 [OD 1485-1 and OD 1486-1] and EG 2774 [OD 1481-1 and OD 1483-1]. By the way, do you know if Deutsches Blasorchester also have recorded 'Hakenkreuzschwur' ? I have one very nice version of it which sound like that it might be the very same orchester.

I think that Deutsches Blasorchester sounds very nice and are perfectly arranged in the same way as all the different numbers of Electrola-records made by Bruno Seidler-Winkler.

It is very sad that the site of Schellack Collectors' Forum is closed down. It was a most fantastic resource in finding the complete recording-information for each record. Lots of interesting information there. Let's hope that their site will open again in the future.

Again Ivan - thanks a lot for your kind help!

Best wishes from
Mats in Sweden

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 13 Jul 2013, 14:21

Hello again, Mats, and thanks for the kind words.

As I already wrote here, in AHF, I'll be working on getting the SCF (or something similar) back online sometime in the future.

No info at the moment on that particular recording of "Hakenkreuzschwur", but I also believe it's Engel's. I still have some gaps in his "Grammophon" company discography (he recorded "Triumphmarsch der erwachten Nation" for "Grammophon").

Cheers,
Ivan

Mats N

Post by Mats N » 13 Jul 2013, 15:02

Hello again Ivan and many thanks for your kind reply!

Thanks for the information according to Deutsches Blasorchester, Leitung Alfred Engel.
It was most interesting to know that Engel also recorded for Grammophon - I didn't know that.

Yes that would be great if you would be able to manage the start up of the SCF site again in the future.
I'm sure that many collectors would be most thankful for that.

Thanks again and with kind regards!

Mats in Sweden

Fallersleben

Post by Fallersleben » 13 Jul 2013, 18:04

Hello,

maybe this scan from one of my catalogues is helpful for you...

Engel.jpg
Engel.jpg (96.23 KiB) Viewed 6469 times
Best,
F.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 13 Jul 2013, 18:29

Hehe! :) Cheers, F.

Another release of the same recording of "Triumphmarsch", with a different track on reverse:

25271.jpg
25271.jpg (74.03 KiB) Viewed 5819 times
Ivan

Mats N

Post by Mats N » 14 Jul 2013, 12:15

Hello Fallersleben!

Many thanks for the scanned information from your catalogue. Lots of interesting information there.
I'm very glad to have found the information for the recording of 'Hakenkreuzschwur' thanks to the same catalogue.
Thanks also Ivan for that other release of 'Triumphmarsch der erwachten Nation'.

My very best wishes!
Mats in Sweden

Jerard Maiki

Re: Triumphmarsch der erwachten Nation (Leuchtend steigt jetzt herauf...)

Post by Jerard Maiki » 20 Jun 2022, 16:14

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum.

I recently have listened to the song Triumphmarsch der erwachten Nation and was wondering if anyone know the text of this song, I have searched online and only found it in the ingeb website, but I don't know if the lyrics is correct, I would prefer a more trusted source.

Thanks everyone

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 24 Jun 2022, 11:31

Hello and :welcome:

The 1st strophe, from Prieberg's Handbuch Deutsche Musiker 1933-1945, pp. 5273-5274:
Leuchtend steigt jetzt herauf unser Tag,
laßt nicht ungenutzt ihn geh'n,
weicht nicht aus, trefft den Feind Schlag auf Schlag,
bis des Sieges Fahnen weh'n!

Ob auch rings Wutgeheul euch umtobt,
laßt euch nicht vom Wege bringen,
jetzt muß uns das Werk gelingen,
das zu schaffen wir gelobt.
The problem with a large number of lyrics on the ingeb.org website (particularly those from the Third Reich period) is that they were transcribed by listening, from low quality sound files, and thus (too) many errors were made. In this particular case, their lyrics seem to be largely correct, except for several words (it's not "Deutsches Reich" but "Leuchtend steigt", and it's not "unser Werk" but "uns das Werk").

Cheers,
Ivan

Jerard Maiki

Post by Jerard Maiki » 28 Jun 2022, 16:52

Thank you so much Ivan

Return to “Music of the Reich”