Film soundtracks [old topic]

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Gott

Film soundtracks [old topic]

Post by Gott » 30 Nov 2002 15:22

[Several topics dealing with the same subject have been merged and renamed by the host, Ivan Ž.]

before baldur von schirach spoke, hitler youths were playing this song, with trumpets, drums, flutes, etc.

just want to know what is the name of the song...

Gott

Post by Gott » 01 Dec 2002 06:13

Maybe I could be more specific...

After that fine piece of music, Baldur von Schirach made a short speech, notably saying, "...again we experience the hour that makes us proud and happy..." after his speech, hitler spoke, after his finished, HJs were singing "Uns're Fahne flattert uns voran!"

[Song title corrected by the host.]

valadezaj

Post by valadezaj » 02 Dec 2002 22:36

In the youth sequence there were 3 tunes played. The one immediately played (it starts in the scene with the close up of the trumpet) is the overture from Richard Wagner's "Rienzi" [No, they play Hanfstaengl's march "Jugend marschiert". I. Ž.] there is then a pause people raise their hands and shout sieg heil and then another tune is played, I think this is the one you are talking about. It is called "Die Jugend marschiert - Sieg Heil!" [Title corrected by the host.]. After Hitler's speech a third tune as played. It is called "Uns're Fahne flattert uns voran!" [Title corrected by the host.], this is the scene where everyone raises their arm in salute while Hitler passes by.

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 05 Aug 2003 04:40

Hello all,

I know this is a hard question but...
In the last 20 minutes of the film when the boy "Erich" participated in the SA march they played a instrumental song... Which Song is this??
If someone can help me?
Is not the last scene.

All the best,

Richard Hargreaves

Post by Richard Hargreaves » 10 May 2004 22:26

I recently watched both Olympia films and was awestruck by Windt's soundtrack. Does anyone know if it can be bought anywhere?

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 29 Jun 2005 19:50

A new and improved topic dealing with film soundtracks has been created viewtopic.php?f=81&t=212742

Please continue all further discussions on the subject(s) there :)

Ivan

Return to “Music of the Reich”