Bundeswehr albums

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
John P. Doyle

Bundeswehr albums

Post by John P. Doyle » 04 Nov 2006, 04:48

I am searching for a set of recordings of Soldatenlieder made in the 1960s by Polydor, Hamburg. They include Stereo versions of many songs popular before 1945. The Director of Music was Major Hans Friess (who had been a Music Officer in the Luftwaffe during the War) and the Musikkorps was the 11th Panzer-Grenadier Division (Heeresmusikkorps 11, Bremen). Several LPs were issued between about 1961 and about 1967. Some recordings were issued under the artists' title "Unsere Jungs von der Bundeswehr".

I would like to hear from any Members who have any of these recordings, or who know where I might get copies of them.

I would also like to get more information about Hans Friess (1910-1985).

Best wishes to you all.

John.

musketiii

Post by musketiii » 04 Nov 2006, 15:42

Hola John..I almost choked on my Irish oatmeal reading your post.I was stationed in Nierstein/Oppenheim 1962-65.I bought the LPs of BW marching music in the local shops and PX..one is Heinz Winkel "German Brass and Drums" which I have on my PC and it has the best ever rendition of Revue March.I bought London VOL 1 and 2 German Army Chorus, see list below.They are in Dallas,practicly new,cleaned by a professional who made CDs of them and I stored them with my son...who could care less! I played them only to make cassettes..to which I have been exercising all these years! The problem is I live near Guadalajara,retired. I am playing "Der grosse Zapfenstreich" circa 1960 at this moment.I do not have the record jackets info with me here.This was the glory time,for me,of German music..the best sound recording of the greatest music played by BW bands in the style of the WM bands or better.I told Diane at Brandenburg and Brian Matthews at Tomahawk about these LPs,even sent a track or two but never heard from them. All the current BW recordings cannot compare to these early BW bands as they have now been "gelded" to be PC. I have the following: NOTE I HAVE NO UMLAUT KEY..that I know of!

1.BERUHMTE REITERMARSCHE
2.MORE GERMAN ARMY CHORUS
3.GERMAN MARCH ALONG BY MK 6.DER BW
4.TRADITIONSMARSCHE DER FUSSTRUPPEN 2
5.SOLDIER'S SONGS FROM GERMANY, I THINK LONDON RECORDS
6.GERMAN MARCH REVUE
7.GERMAN BRASS AND DRUMS..HEINZ WINKEL
8.DER GROSSE ZAPFENSTREICH
9. GERMAN ARMY CHORUS AND BRASS BAND VOL 1&2.. I THINK HAMBURG OFFZ. SCHULE
10.MILITARY MARCHES OF GERMANY'S ROYAL IMPERIAL ARMY
11.ALTE KAMERADEN ..GROSSES SOLDATEN POTPOURRI
12.EDELWEISS
13.EIN HELLER UND EIN BATZEN

I have been collecting German marches ever since the Army and have them all on my computer..with mulitple backups! Perhaps I could ask my son to open the storage box and email me the LP jacket details..he claims that his law practice is too busy to visit me here..I'd write him out of my will but then he wrote it..kids! I would love to find a home for this music,all early BW 1955 to about 1964. The best EVER and I play them all the time.I can sing along to German Army Chorus which has a terrific studio band..I have to force my self to stop walking and go home! My IPOD has hundreds of the marches I have collected over the years. I wish we could have dedicated music section in this forum. Well,now my oatmeal is cold. Best,John

Sdt

Post by Sdt » 06 Nov 2006, 17:38

I have the album "Soldaten Kameraden" if you're interested.

genstab

Post by genstab » 29 Jul 2007, 23:21

Hey everyone, does anyone have the album "More German Army Chorus" to sell? I've tried everywhere I can find online as far as rare albums go. I did succeed in getting a copy of the original "German Army Chorus" a while back but nothing doing with the successor album. (Yes, I know someone on Ebay is selling it on CD but that's not original as far as I know and I don't want to deal with Ebay's inflated bidding wars.)

Any leads are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Genstab in Cleveland

HaEn
In memoriam

Post by HaEn » 30 Jul 2007, 17:07

I have it, bought it in Canada in 1974. (in Germany it was nowhere to be found) But it is not for sale. Sorry. (Oh, perhaps a zillion dollars will do) (leetle hahaha) Did you try second hand record stores ? I saw it no too lon ago in a local one, here inPortland; but . . .they wanted a high price for it, a whole $ 5.00. Oh well.
HN
p.s. i also found some good recordings in Salvation Army thrift stores; since a lot of us old geezers are dying off, many of our musical belongings are getting donated to those kind of stores.

musketiii

Post by musketiii » 16 Aug 2007, 15:13

I bought the following LPs in Germany when I was stationed there 1962-65.I put them on tape,on cassettes,and then cds so they have been played very few times,they were cleaned and treated with archive protection when I had them professionally transferred to CDs..the technician said they were in superb condition and a joy to work with..Let me know is there is interest in buying them along with the amount you are willing to pay.John Wilson

"Soldaten Potpourri" Fiesta FLPS 1483
"Soldiers' Songs From Germany" London SW 99439
"Traditionsmarshe der Fusstruppen 2 " Electrola C062-29 518
"Ein Heller und ein Batzen" Polydor 237433
"German March Revue" London SW99493
"German Brass and Drums" London SW 99279
"More German Army Chorus" London SW 99028
"German Army Chorus" London SW 99007
"Military Marches of the Royal Imperial Army" Capitol ST 10479
"Der grosse Zapfenstreich" Fiesta FLPS 1685

musketiii

Post by musketiii » 16 Aug 2007, 15:14

I found two more
"Alte Kameraden" Brilliant Serie HLP 10.019
"German March Along" London SW 99017

Voice of Truth

Post by Voice of Truth » 15 Nov 2007, 01:40

Hi. I'm very interested - please send me a message.

DavidSJM

Post by DavidSJM » 29 Mar 2010, 08:15

I am seeking the following two LP’s (actually, the tracks contained thereon digitalized in high quality): 1) “Koblenz – Unsere Garnison – Das Heeresmusikkorps 5 der Bundeswehr spielt Marsch-Räritäten” BMM 1810 and 2) “Märsche von Obermusikmeister Georg Fürst, Folge 2” (also on the BMM label). The artist on the latter record is presumably the same as on Folge 1, namely Luftwaffenmusikkorps 1 – Neubiberg, under Major Ronald Lintner.

I have numerous LP’s digitalized in high quality and would be willing to exchange tracks/LP’s for these two items.

Return to “Music of the Reich”