Third Reich Christmas songs

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Maikowski

Post by Maikowski » 05 Dec 2012 17:01

Dear Henning von Treskow,

I recommend you
FreiDurchDieTat wrote:this CD...it has radio recordings from christmas 1940
http://www.uracant-cd.de/html/heimat_deine___.html (Vol. 7)
It is all about the "Ringsendung des Grossdeutschen Rundfunks" on Christams Eve 1940 with many period recordings of Christmas carols like for instance "O Tannenbaum", "Stille Nacht", "O du fröhliche, etc. (without "Es ist ein Ros entsprungen" though. Sorry!). Note that a Ringsendung was a great radio broadcast in which german soldiers stationed in all occupied countries or on the front line were connected together. A tour de force for the time.

There is also a very nice version of "Hohe Nacht der klaren Sterne" on "Heimat deine Sterne - vol. 10: Jugend im Dritten Reich" (UraCant 2053).
http://www.uracant-cd.de/html/heimat_deine___.html

Enjoy!
Maiko

[Link updated by the host, Ivan Ž.]

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Weihnacht der SA (Heil'ge Nacht, senk dich hernieder...)

Post by Ivan Ž. » 14 Jul 2013 12:05

It's worth mentioning in this topic that there was also an actual Nazi Christmas song, but it never became popular (for several obvious reasons, one of them being the "Night of the Long Knives" of course); its author was Leopold von Schenkendorf (author of "Hitler-Hymne"). It was created and recorded in 1933 and named: "Weihnacht der SA" [Christmas of the SA].

These were the original lyrics:
Weihnacht-der-SA.jpg
Original record labels of two of the three known recordings of the song:
(Note: the third recording was also made for Telefunken, only with a different soloist: Alexander Helfmann)
Telefunken-A-1485.jpg
Longophon-1031.jpg
Cheers,
Ivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teppeny

Weihnacht der SA

Post by Teppeny » 24 Dec 2018 17:44

Hello everybody and happy Christmas eve!

Because it's Christmas, I wanted to talk about this song named "Weihnacht der SA" It was sang by Eugen Fuchs and the SA-Sturm 33 Hans Maikowski. I searched everywhere but I didn't manage to found the lyrics. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance and happy Christmas!
Teppeny

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Weihnacht der SA

Post by Ivan Ž. » 27 Dec 2018 14:19

Hello, Teppeny

I've merged your post with an older topic dealing with Third Reich Christmas songs. You will find the original lyrics in the previous post. Note that there's an error: it's "Heil'ge Nacht, senk dich hernieder..." (not "Heil'ge Weihnacht").

Cheers,
Ivan

Return to “Music of the Reich”