Es zittern die morschen Knochen

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Ostfront Enthusiast

Es zittern die morschen Knochen

Post by Ostfront Enthusiast » 17 Dec 2004, 03:36

[Split from Today Germany, Tomorrow the World]

Can you tell me the origin of the song?

[Two topics dealing with the same song have been merged by the host, Ivan Ž.]

Knut Hamsun

Post by Knut Hamsun » 18 Dec 2004, 17:53

The song "Es zittern die morschen Knochen" was composed by Hans Baumman long before the nazis rised to power. Baumann was active member of the youth movement called "Wandervogel" and he joined a catholic one, when he wrote the song.

Es zittern die morschen Knochen.jpg
Source: SS-Liederbuch

Regards
Knut

Ostfront Enthusiast

Post by Ostfront Enthusiast » 20 Dec 2004, 08:32

Thank you for the help you have provided.

I was only interested in the origin of the song (apparently its early SA) so that should suffice. I was not overly concerned with the text of the song, only the origin of the quote.

In any case, could you provide a source for the lyrics in that song, is it a period document or a contemporary one?

Knut Hamsun

Post by Knut Hamsun » 22 Dec 2004, 00:33

Ahoi Ostfront Enthusiast,
I often discussed this item with Jutta Rüdiger (former Reichsreferentin des BDM) and Fritz Hippler (former Reichsfilmintendant). Today both are dead and I have the duty to reply incorrect articles writen with the intention to accuse the german youth organisation and spreading lies. If I understand you right you want to know if I refer to original songbooks or reprints? The songsbooks I refer to is an original. I have a fine archive because my company produces filmdocumentation about the time between the first world war and the end of world war two.
With Kind regards
Knut

HaEn
In memoriam

Post by HaEn » 22 Dec 2004, 16:49

Thank you Knut ! There is a lot of misinformation floating around, based on ignorance or just plain falsification of facts. I am glad that there still are people in Germany who are willing to dig for, and preserve reality without all the political correctness of these days.
Fröhliche Weihnachten !
HN.

Amerika_Erwache

Post by Amerika_Erwache » 24 Nov 2010, 16:21

My deutsch is not perfect. I speak fairly well. I am looking all over the internet for the lyrics to this song : Gut Morgen Die Ganze Welt. If anybody has them I would greatly appreciate it and thank you very much for your help.

Fallersleben

Post by Fallersleben » 24 Nov 2010, 19:45

Maybe you mean the song "Es zittern die morschen Knochen" ?

Alarm_Uboat

Re: Es zittern die morschen Knochen

Post by Alarm_Uboat » 23 Apr 2023, 20:10

Hello, I would like to know how many recordings of this song have been made? (commercial and possibly radio). I know that there is a Gramophone recording from the RAD group (there may be others)

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 24 Apr 2023, 13:05

There are four known studio recordings of the song:

24.02.1938 | Telefunken | Singschar der Kradschützen-Kompanie der Aufklärungs-Abteilung (mot.) 3, Musikkorps des Wachregiments Berlin, Ltg. Friedrich Ahlers * march fantasy by Fritz Henschke
29.03.1938 | Grammophon | Männerchor, Reichsmusikzug des Reichsarbeitsdienstes, Ltg. Herms Niel * arrangement by Arno Hildebrand
15.12.1938 | Rundfunk | Soldatenchor und Musikkorps des II. Bataillons des Infanterie-Regiments 39
__.__.1941 | Rundfunk | performer unknown * march version by Alfred von Beckerath

The radio recording list mentions also several live recordings of "Es zittern die morschen Knochen", but, oddly enough, credited to Georg Blumensaat (music) and Thilo Scheller (lyrics).

Cheers,
Ivan

Alarm_Uboat

Post by Alarm_Uboat » 24 Apr 2023, 13:31

Thank you very much, Ivan!

Return to “Music of the Reich”