Grenadiermarsch von 1791

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
swrine

Grenadiermarsch von 1791

Post by swrine » 19 Sep 2017 12:28

Hello, I have a question about the composer information of a track called 'Grenadier - Paradenmarsch' from album 'Panzer Marches' of PzG.

It is the 19th track, I have got the composer/lyric information of all other tracks except this one. And I just want to know who have composed the music, or is it a folk music (so, by 'traditional').

So is there anyone here knows this music? thanks.

[Topic renamed by the host, Ivan Ž.]

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Grenadiermarsch von 1791

Post by Ivan Ž. » 19 Sep 2017 12:47

Hello and :welcome:

First of all, PzG is a pirate company (see: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=120685&start=15) and I strongly suggest avoiding any of its products. They copied the track from the Documentary Series CD/LP "In Treue allezeit" (Vol. 2, see: viewtopic.php?p=1058357#p1058357) and didn't even bother to copy its title properly ("Grenadier - Paradenmarsch" is a fake, and even misspelled, pirate title). The composition is a grenadier march from 1791 [German: Grenadiermarsch von 1791] by an unknown composer (needless to say, it has nothing to do with Panzers).

The correct info:
Ivan Ž. wrote:Grenadiermarsch
Composer: Anonym
Arranger: Hermann Müller-John
Instrumental Group: Musikkorps der Leibstandarte-SS „Adolf Hitler“, Berlin-Lichterfelde
Conductor: Leibstandarten-Obermusikmeister Hermann Müller-John
Recording Date: 16.04.1940
Recording Location: Köln, Funkhaus (Dagobertstraße 38), Senderaum
Record Company: Großdeutscher Rundfunk
Cheers,
Ivan

swrine

Re: Grenadiermarsch von 1791

Post by swrine » 19 Sep 2017 17:21

Thanks for the reply. Also, I have read the links in your post. But for now it might be difficult for me to buy (or even find) these CDs locally or abroad. I prefer to buy music on iTunes/Google Music/Amazon, yet there aren't many albums available.
For sure when I have the chance, I will be willing to purchase these CDs in the links instead of pirate CDs.

Return to “Music of the Reich”