Post-WWII fabrications

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Ostuf Charlemagne

Post-WWII fabrications

Post by Ostuf Charlemagne » 19 Sep 2004 01:58

[Several threads dealing with post-WWII fabrications have been merged and renamed by the host, Ivan Ž.]

I have a german march, from a Wunschkonzert CD, tittled : "WWW Marsch" . I confess my ignorance , what was the W.W.W. ??????

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: so-called "WWW Marsch"

Post by Ivan Ž. » 06 Jun 2005 13:25

The "WWW Marsch" is a phoney title from the phoney "Wunschkonzert" MC/CD set by "Tomahawk Films". The real title of the march is "VVV mars" (also spelled "VVV-Marsch"). It was composed by Dutch composer Willy Schootemeyer for "Vereniging voor Vreemdelingenverkeer" (VVV). It was recorded on 24.08.1936, by Carl Woitschach's band.

Telefunken-A-1962.jpg
Phoney title introduced by "Tomahawk Films" in 1998
WWW-Marsch.jpg

Cheers,
Ivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musketiii

Post by musketiii » 14 May 2007 11:29

I have a march called Marsch der SS-Brigade Nederland. It is one of my favorites. I sent it to John Doyle and Thomas and neither knew it's history. I will be happy to email it to you. John Wilson

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: so-called "Marsch der SS-Brigade Nederland"

Post by Ivan Ž. » 29 May 2007 13:19

Dear John, the title "Marsch der SS-Brigade Nederland" is a modern fiction, introduced in the 1970s on the Documentary Series LP "Elitesoldaten". The real title of the march is "Van Heutsz mars" and it was composed in 1954, nearly a decade after the SS-Brigade "Nederland" was destroyed. Title refers to the Regiment "Van Heutsz" [formed in 1950] of the Royal Netherlands Army. The composer of the piece is A. van Veluwen.

Cheers,
Ivan

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 09 Feb 2008 11:35

Some more of the titles made up by various kinds of fraudsters after the war.

So-called "Großes Potpourri der Wehrmacht" - a phoney internet title; in fact it's a Bundeswehr medley, entitled "Drei Lilien, drei Lilien..."
Read more at: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=213611

So-called "Marsch der SS-Division Hitlerjugend" - a phoney title from a pirate CD; real title: "HJ singt" (part 2).
Read more at: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=213258

So-called "Ostmarklied" - a phoney title from a Serp LP; real title: "Wachau".
Read more at: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=215789

So-called "Panzermarsch" - a phoney title from a Documentary Series LP; real title: "Die eiserne Schar".
Read more at: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=21189

So-called "SA Sturm 33 Maikowsky, Berlin singt" - a phoney title from a pirate CD; real title: "SA - Sieg Heil!".
Read more at: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=213607

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 05 Sep 2014 10:06

[Split from Recordings of radio shows]
harry6116 wrote: hey all,
i'm wondering if anyone has any mp3 files that they can upload from the radio show Wunschkonzert für die Wehrmacht.
from what i understand this show was broadcast every sunday for the german troops.
any help would be fantastic.

thanks
Michael
Hey Michael, have you checked YouTube yet? They have several audio clips of the program:

[Links to fake recordings removed by the host.]
Cheers,
Max

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: so-called "Wunschkonzert für die Wehrmacht" recordings

Post by Ivan Ž. » 05 Sep 2014 10:22

Those are NOT real "Wunschkonzert" recordings.

Please read the posts covering the so-called "Wunschkonzert" CDs in the reviews topic (there are only a couple of real Wunschkonzert recordings scattered on the 3 CDs by UraCant, unfortunately mixed together with a bunch of studio tracks).

There are no genuine "Wunschkonzert" recordings available online, apart from a couple of excerpts found in German wartime newsreels.

Full recordings of "Wunschkonzerte" were never made, only a few fragments of broadcasts were saved and they were recorded mostly privately.

And if anyone tries to offer you a full "Wunschkonzert" CD - know that they're either crooks or simply have no idea what they're talking about.

Cheers,
Ivan

harry6116

Post by harry6116 » 05 Sep 2014 13:01

thanks for that info.
Michael

Oberleutnant von Bostell

Post by Oberleutnant von Bostell » 28 Sep 2014 20:43

Tomahawk Film has 2cds of from the Wunschkonzert fur die Wehrmacht. They are excellent quality and are original recordings. They are expensive though, but that is the price of real history.

http://www.tomahawkfilms.com/
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -Voltaire

harry6116

Post by harry6116 » 28 Sep 2014 23:25

I love that quote in your signature.

thanks for your info.

Michael

Oberleutnant von Bostell

Post by Oberleutnant von Bostell » 29 Sep 2014 00:03

Thank you harry. That quote has never had more meaning than today.

To Ivan Z: You say these CD's are fakes. While I respect your obvious wealth of knowledge in this area and admit you know much more than me about this subject, I am more inclined to believe a company that has over 30 years experience and has supplied music to films like "Hart's War", rather than ( admittedly a very skilled) amateur like yourself. I contacted the company in question and they gave me their assurance that the Cd's were genuine. Please do not take this the wrong way I am not insulting you, I am only saying that I believe them more than you. I would be EXTREMELY interested if you could upload or direct me to proof that these recordings are not what they clam to be. If they are fake why has the company not been taken to court?
Regards, A Fan of the Wunschkonzert
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -Voltaire

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 29 Sep 2014 01:00

Oberleutnant von Bostell wrote:Tomahawk Film has 2cds of from the Wunschkonzert fur die Wehrmacht. They are excellent quality and are original recordings. They are expensive though, but that is the price of real history.
Please do not use this forum to spread disinformation.
Oberleutnant von Bostell wrote:To Ivan Z: You say these CD's are fakes. While I respect your obvious wealth of knowledge in this area and admit you know much more than me about this subject, I am more inclined to believe a company that has over 30 years experience and has supplied music to films like "Hart's War", rather than ( admittedly a very skilled) amateur like yourself. I contacted the company in question and they gave me their assurance that the Cd's were genuine. Please do not take this the wrong way I am not insulting you, I am only saying that I believe them more than you. I would be EXTREMELY interested if you could upload or direct me to proof that these recordings are not what they clam to be. If they are fake why has the company not been taken to court?
Regards, A Fan of the Wunschkonzert
As I already told you in a private message: please read the entire post. Everything had been explained with all the relevant details and there's nothing else to add. Now let's not waste anyone's time here and say hello to Mr. Matthews from me.
replywk.jpg
Ivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oberleutnant von Bostell

Post by Oberleutnant von Bostell » 02 Oct 2014 02:28

I disagree with you and again state that they are real. The Tomahawk film Company is not lying and I am not trying to spread "disinformation's", I am trying to spread the truth. I expect you are getting payed behind the scenes to discredit the Tomahawk company.

Again, they have over 30 years experience and have worked with professional films such as harts war. They are not amateurs. You are! I also doubt if you have ever helped to produce films before! If you have such a high level of knowledge on the subject why not take them to court?
Respectfully, von Bostell

P.S. I have read your entire post and find nothing that proves what you say is true.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 02 Oct 2014 10:52

Your posts strangely remind of exactly what Matthews already wrote here. And again there is not one single argument except for childish "It's not true, it's not true", followed by insults. Regarding the also repeated "getting payed" remark: it is perfectly understandable that someone like Matthews cannot comprehend that a person can do anything out of love and respect, with sense of honour and without a financial benefit.

Enough of this charade. And I won't be warning you again.

Ivan

PS
I'm glad that the "new representative" of Tomahawk Films at least learned the name of the subject in question properly and does not write "Wunseskonzert" instead of "Wunschkonzert" anymore.

reichmusik

Post by reichmusik » 13 Oct 2014 05:07

Ivan is no amateur, and I've yet to find any fault in his postings. I myself bought a whole collection of cds from Tomahawk 10 yrs ago, and back then while I was an amateur to German Marches, I found errors on those cds. Personally, I don't care for errors to much if I know what it is and as long as the music is there.

Return to “Music of the Reich”