Post-WWII fabrications

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re:

Post by Ivan Ž. » 26 Nov 2017, 17:11

[Split from Im Schutz der Wehrmacht]
Ivan Ž. wrote:For years, the song "Im Schutz der Wehrmacht" has been incorrectly known worldwide as "Jeder für jeden", thanks to the Documentary Series company, which released it entitled like that on one of their LPs and later CDs (see the "Soldatenlieder Folge 3" CD, track 5, here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=120685#p1058813 ; the company was notorious for making-up titles and performers for its tracks).
An example of how after the war "Im Schutz der Wehrmacht" became "Jeder für jeden", "Ritter der Nordsee" became "Unser die Freiheit der Meere" and so on; seen on the left are the titles of the tracks used on the Documentary Series' LP/CD "Marschlieder (Soldatenlieder Folge 3)" as printed on the original record labels; seen on the right are the titles as printed on the LP/CD by the Documentary Series.

Soldatenlieder-Folge-3.jpg
Ivan

Teppeny

Post by Teppeny » 25 Aug 2018, 14:56

Hello, I found this track "HJ Lagerfeuer", I know that the title is fake, but I wonder if there is any lyrics. I know that the first song is based on the melody of "Deutsch ist die Saar"
Here is the audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0SdUXs4vno

Best regards,
Teppeny

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: so-called "Feu de camp"

Post by Ivan Ž. » 25 Aug 2018, 21:00

Hello,

It is an awful mix of excerpts of three different recordings, released on the SERP LP "Hitlerjugend" part III (side A), under the title of "Feu de camp". I don't know who performs them nor whether they are actually related to the HJ.

The first recording is the folk song "Glück auf, der Steiger kommt" (strophe "Und kehr' ich heim..."). (Note: "Deutsch ist die Saar" was based on the melody of "Glück auf, der Steiger kommt", not the other way around.)

The second recording is apparently a sailors' song medley, including one song unknown to me, "Wir lieben die Stürme" (strophe "Wir treiben die Beute...") and "Heut' geht es an Bord" (strophe "Verschwunden das Land...").

The third recording is an instrumental unknown to me.

Cheers,
Ivan

Teppeny

Re: so-called "Feu de camp"

Post by Teppeny » 26 Aug 2018, 11:52

Many thanks !

Best regards
Teppeny

Return to “Music of the Reich”