Reserve hat Ruh' [medley by C. Woitschach]

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
D-General

Reserve hat Ruh' [medley by C. Woitschach]

Post by D-General » 23 Nov 2019, 15:22

[Topic renamed by the host, Ivan Ž.]

Hello, does anyone have any information on this Potpourri I found in my mp3 Music Collection? Also, can anyone give me the names of the songs in the Potpourri as well as the lyrics to them? Thanks.

https://filebin.net/c4sgf7vbpegutp38
"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."(Erwin Rommel)

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Reserve hat Ruh'

Post by Ivan Ž. » 23 Nov 2019, 17:11

Hello,

In the second half of 1935 and early 1936 (note: soon after the formation of the Wehrmacht), there were (minimum) three different medleys recorded entitled "Reserve hat Ruh'":

1) on 9 October 1935, in two parts, for Electrola, by Sinfonisches Blasorchester Bruno Seidler-Winkler; the composer of the medley wasn't credited, but it was probably (as usual in such cases) the conductor himself

2) on 4 February 1936, in two parts, for Telefunken, by Blasorchester Carl Woitschach; the composer wasn't credited = it was probably the conductor himself

3) on 21 February 1936, a single recording, for Carl Lindström (Gloria label), by Blasorchester Carl Woitschach; the composer was the conductor himself (credited under the pseudonym of Götz Höhne)

And what you have there is the 2nd part of Woitschach's Telefunken version, featuring the following pieces: Signal „Abrücken“ – Stimmt an mit hellem hohen Klang – Brüder, setzt euch in die Runde – Rekrut, hier hast du mein Gewehr – Signal „Alarm“ – Auf, auf zum Kampf!

Cheers,
Ivan

D-General

Re: Reserve hat Ruh'

Post by D-General » 25 Nov 2019, 07:16

Thanks Ivan, by any chance, does anyone have the lyrics to Rekrut, hier hast du mein Gewehr? I need it for a video I’m making.
"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."(Erwin Rommel)

Return to “Music of the Reich”