Mein Deutschland, du sollst leben (Es zog eine junge, sieghafte Schar...)

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
axis1

Mein Deutschland, du sollst leben (Es zog eine junge, sieghafte Schar...)

Post by axis1 » 19 Apr 2020, 23:27

[Topic entitled "Mein Deutschland Du Sollst Leben.... could you help me?" renamed by the host, Ivan Ž.]

Dear friends, I once had a song from the Third Reich in my mp3 state, "Mein Deutschland, du sollst leben". Unfortunately, it got lost, disappeared, maybe deleted. I have searched the whole internet and I cannot find it. Do any of you have this song in your collection?

GregSingh

Re: Mein Deutschland, du sollst leben (Es zog eine junge, sieghafte Schar...)

Post by GregSingh » 20 Apr 2020, 11:29

Recording by Hans-Heinz Bollmann was removed by youtube.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 20 Apr 2020, 12:53

GregSingh wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 11:29
Recording by Hans-Heinz Bollmann was removed by youtube.
This is another good example of people (not Greg of course) making things up and spreading disinformation:

"Mein Deutschland, du sollst leben" is a patriotic song from the first half of 1932 (i.e. Weimar Republic, not Third Reich), composed by Fritz Spies (Op. 35a), with lyrics by Wilhelm Regeniter. From Hofmeister's monthly report, May 1932:
Hofmeister-05-1932.jpg
Hofmeister-05-1932.jpg (79.63 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
It was recorded for the Lindström's Gloria label on 15.05.1933 by singer Hans Heinz Bollmann accompanied by a male choir and orchestra conducted by Otto Dobrindt (all civilian artists). Original label:
Gloria-GO-13282a.jpg
Gloria-GO-13282a.jpg (68.54 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
And then, in the 2010s, some "brainiac" uploads the song on YouTube, renames it "Mein Deutschland, du sollst leben, du darfst nicht untergeh'n" and makes up that the performing orchestra is "NS-Mitglieder Oechester" (poorly-attempting to immitate the name of Patria label performers called Mitglieder des NS-Orchesterrings) and that it originates from the record "Partia 131" (notice the incorrect spelling again).
YT-nonsense.jpg
The real Patria 131 record actually featured medley "Was der SA-Mann singt" (credited as "Was wir singen"), parts III & IV.
Patria-131a.jpg
Patria-131a.jpg (64.06 KiB) Viewed 2804 times
Then another "brainiac", without checking, adds the YouTube disinformation on Wikipedia, and credits the orchestra as "NS-Reichsorchester".
Wiki-nonsense.jpg
One more time: ignore Wikipedia articles. They are very much unreliable, especially when it comes to our topic. Also, don't trust YouTube uploaders unless you make sure that they're real record collectors, who provide original record labels in their videos along with the sound.

Cheers,
Ivan

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 03 May 2020, 12:19

A series of off-topic posts by member axis1 have been removed.

Ivan

Return to “Music of the Reich”