Vor Paris [march by Stöckigt?]

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Vor Paris [march by Stöckigt?]

Post by Ivan Ž. » 19 Apr 2006, 20:52

Hello, everyone

Does anyone know who composed the march "Vor Paris"? According to info from a Russian CD, the composer's name was Stöckigt.

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

nicagaf

Post by nicagaf » 20 Apr 2006, 17:26

Oh, well, that's very interesting question! Could you please tell me from were did you get it? As I know, in abroad it isn't very known march, and I've only one foreign recording of it, from Russian CD "Nemetskie marshi" ("German Marches") where it's performed by Kapelle des Kgl. Bayr., E. Burrow (it's written on CD). Do you know this orchestra? Nevertheless, in Russia it's well-known march named "Grenadier", positioning as old Russian imperial march of unknown composer.

But there's very interesting arcticle where it's mentioned: http://www.militarmusiksamfundet.com/sh ... id=pariser Unfortunately, it's on Swedish, but one of my friends translated it to me, and there's written that it is really old Russian imperial march and sometimes is played in Sweden sometimes under the name "Vor Paris", sometimes under the name "Grenadjär". It's written that B. Stöckigt really is considered as composer of this march but they mentioned that on Stockholmspolisens musikkår's CD "Vårluft över stan" composer is written as V Nikolaj. Unfortunately, I haven't this Swedish recording, but if you need and if you tell your E-mail, ICQ or s-thing else, I can send you my good Russian recording of this march. My email is [email protected].

About some of other marches I'll try to find info later.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 20 Apr 2006, 17:40

Thanks very much for the reply! And yes, I was referring to the same CD.

Very interesting; so, it might be a Russian march as well.

Cheers,
Ivan

nicagaf

Post by nicagaf » 20 Apr 2006, 20:09

I think yes. In Russia lived a lot of Germans, so this B. Stöckigt could be Russian-German. And this V. Nikolaj of course too...

Fubbik

Post by Fubbik » 27 Apr 2006, 20:53

On Russian records or band parts I have seen no composer stated for Grenadjer. My personal opinion is that it is not originally a Russian march. It does not sound Russian, so it could very well have come to Russia from Germany.
Last edited by Fubbik on 27 Apr 2006, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 15 Sep 2017, 23:11

Several posts dealing with Russian marches in the German Army March Collection have been split off into a new thread.

Several posts dealing with Russian-marches-only have been split off into another thread.

Ivan

Return to “Music of the Reich”