Norwegenlied (Nach Norden braust Maschinenflug...)

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Norwegenlied (Nach Norden braust Maschinenflug...)

Post by Ivan Ž. » 15 Nov 2020, 20:32

Among various historical rarities, the National Library of Norway, in cooperation with the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, has published a completely unknown German (anti-British) song from WWII, entitled "Norwegenlied", with no further info. I've never heard of such a piece, nor was able to find any info on it (in countless sources). The song was broadcasted on 22 September 1940 (which means it was recorded prior to that date) and was preceded by radio fanfare (also unknown to me), played 10 times in a row, for almost four minutes (which was rather uncommon).

The song can be heard (in excellent quality and complete) here, at 3:55. It's probably the rarest WWII music sound file shared online.
(I usually discourage anyone from posting war propaganda songs, but this rarity, shared by two state institutions, is an exception.)

Ivan

Schmeisser

Re: Norwegenlied (Nach Norden braust Maschinenflug...)

Post by Schmeisser » 16 Nov 2020, 00:00

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Norwegenlied (Nach Norden braust Maschinenflug...)

Post by Ivan Ž. » 16 Nov 2020, 00:03

Well done, bravo! :thumbsup: (That's from a brand new auction - what a coincidence!) Finally, the lyrics - and also the info on authors :)

So it was a song of Infanterie-Regiment 193 (commanded by Karl von Beeren), created by two soldiers.

Edit: a post dealing with another regimental song has been split-off into a thread of its own.

Cheers,
Ivan

Return to “Music of the Reich”