Wir sind des Reiches leibhaftige Adler

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Griptonix

Wir sind des Reiches leibhaftige Adler

Post by Griptonix » 28 Jul 2020, 01:57

[Split from Unidentified radio/newsreel music]

I've got another good one. I know the piece is, "Wir sind des Reiches leibhaftige Adler" played from 22:30-23:30 but does anyone know what version or where I could find the full version of the song? I know of the common ones that you can find on youtube that are slower I guess you could say but I haven't been able to find any that sound faster like this. (apologies, not sure what the correct musical terms would be) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFryOAy ... BlMYFEaZc8

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re:

Post by Ivan Ž. » 28 Jul 2020, 15:13

All recordings you may hear in German newsreels are radio recordings. They are extremely rare since they weren't made to be used for commercial purposes (for sale), but for the radio and film. Nowadays you may find many of them in the German Radio Archive and in various private collections. From time to time you can bid and try to buy some in record auctions, but bear in mind that they're usually very expensive, due to their rarity.

I don't know anyone who has this radio recording of "Wir sind des Reiches leibhaftige Adler". There's only one publicly available recording of the song, the one made for Odeon by the band of Wachbataillon Berlin under Guido Grosch. The recording you may find online was mainly copied from these two (postwar) LPs: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=120685#p1058367 and viewtopic.php?f=81&t=120685&p=1896600#p1896600

Cheers,
Ivan

Return to “Music of the Reich”