Der Landser (Ich bin ein Landser...)

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Alarm_Uboat

Der Landser (Ich bin ein Landser...)

Post by Alarm_Uboat » 22 Nov 2022, 14:11

[Topic title corrected by the host, Ivan Ž.]

Apparently the recording was made in 1943, does anyone have the full text? The recording can be found on YouTube and the archive.org

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re:

Post by Ivan Ž. » 22 Nov 2022, 15:14

Hello again,

First of all, we're trying to have a civilised community here and therefore I wish to remind you, and everyone else, that if you ask a question and a fellow member spends his time to reply in an attempt to help you, the polite thing to do is to at least respond with a thanks. Not to continue asking more questions. We're still live people here, being anonymous or not.

Secondly, I've already informed you twice that this forum section deals with a particularly sensitive topic, which is being handled with extra care, reminding you to re-read the forum rules and pay attention to proper sourcing. I kindly ask you to stop redirecting members to your account at another website which contains unsourced political and war propaganda material copied from other people. Politics aside, sourcing is essential to any historical research, besides being respectful towards the parties providing you with the material in question. I do appreciate that you're not posting direct links to the controversial material though.

Your recent questions are more-or-less all answerable, but I for one don't feel comfortable acting like a free online service at anyone's disposal, regardless of their feedback, i.e. the lack of it. I hope you won't take my message the wrong way, its only purpose is to maintain a respectful and civilised spirit in the section, without stepping on any law's toes. Which isn't really easy when dealing with political and war propaganda.

By the way, the title of the composition you're asking about is "Der Landser" (without "Adalbert"). It's a 1943 Odeon recording.

Cheers,
Ivan

Alarm_Uboat

Re:

Post by Alarm_Uboat » 22 Nov 2022, 15:22

I apologize for the inconvenience caused, this is due to the fact that I have a decent amount of material and I have explored the depths of the Internet in order to find at least some information. All the rules of this forum will be observed by me!

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Der Landser (Ich bin ein Landser...)

Post by Ivan Ž. » 23 Nov 2022, 21:23

Addendum:
Odeon-O-26570b.jpg
Odeon-O-26570b.jpg (81.03 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Note that the performer credits were outdated; by the time the recording was made (7 Jan. 1943), the band's unit was already designated Division "Hermann Göring" (its previous designations were Brigade "Hermann Göring" and Regiment "General Göring").

Return to “Music of the Reich”