Hitler's birthday celebration music

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Freilande

Re:

Post by Freilande » 31 Dec 2016, 04:10

Here's the video, please help identifying the name.
It's the music starting 00:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWAhfY-vo7g

Thanks a lot!

Hessler86

Re:

Post by Hessler86 » 21 Jan 2017, 22:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QOZ6xG4DxA

Could anyone help me identifying the music in this particular clip?
I'd love to know the opening song and the march in the Leibstandarte sequence.
"Merken Sie sich eins; bei uns zu Haus' sind nur die Mannschaften Ostmärker.
Die Herren Offiziere sind Österreicher! Servus Doktorchen!"

Kima

what march in this video?

Post by Kima » 18 Dec 2020, 18:03

TrommlerBO

Re: Hitlers Geburtstagsfeier Musik

Post by TrommlerBO » 20 Dec 2020, 18:16

This is the march "In alter Freundschaft" by Karl Möller.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re:

Post by Ivan Ž. » 20 Dec 2020, 22:18

TrommlerBO wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 18:16
This is the march "In alter Freundschaft" by Karl Möller.
Has anyone found a reliable German pre-1945 source mentioning this piece and that composer? All sources mentioning "In alter Freundschaft" and Karl Möller I've encountered so far are new, unreliable and non-German, and most lead to a single online user/uploader. The one (also newer) German source that I've found mentioning something similar credited one Winfried Möller as the composer of such a march (but I don't know whether it's the same composition). Anything solid on this piece, anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

Tretyak

Re: Hitler's birthday celebration music

Post by Tretyak » 27 Dec 2020, 00:01

There are some sources mentioning this composer (see 1, 2 and 2), but never is he appears as the author of a march called "In alter Freundschaft". As far as I can see, the "Sieg Heil! SA-Parademarsch" seemed to be his most popular work. So it might be our first candidate. The second one is his march "Des Führers Garde" (due to its name), which is to find here. However, the song "Wir zieh'n im lichten Morgen" doesn't fit in the music of the trio very well, in my view.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 27 Dec 2020, 00:31

Hello, Egor. I'm looking for reliable info on both the title and who composed the piece. There's no point in listing various marches by Karl Möller without a solid confirmation that it was indeed him who composed the march in question. Again: does anyone have anything reliable on the piece played by Hitler's bodyguards? A period (or even a postwar) German record label, an original German score, a press report, etc.?

Note: the march is known in Chile as "Aguila Imperial", meaning "Imperial Eagle" (the Chilean arrangement ends with "Yorckscher Marsch"). Unfortunately, I didn't manage to find Chilean info on the composer.

Cheers,
Ivan

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 29 Jan 2021, 23:21

A "trolling" post by member Cantankerous has been removed.

Ivan

Leonhard P.

Re: Hermann Müller-John & Musikkorps der Leibstandarte-SS "Adolf Hitler"

Post by Leonhard P. » 09 Jun 2023, 23:02

[Split from Hermann Müller-John & Musikkorps der Leibstandarte-SS "Adolf Hitler"]

Hello, this is my first time on this forum, and I need help. Where can I ask if someone recognizes a specific march? I have a video of one of Hitler's birthdays (I think it's his 47th or 48th, but I'm not sure), and the Leibstandarte is playing a march to Hitler that I can't identify. I know this might not be the appropriate place to ask, so I'm looking for guidance on where to post my question.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 09 Jun 2023, 23:21

Hello, Leonhard, and :welcome:

You're probably looking for the march heard in the newsreel covering Hitler's 50th birthday (it's not definite that it was actually played there; what was used in newsreels and what was played in reality were often completely different things), An alleged title of the march appeared a while ago online, but (to my knowledge) never from a reliable source. So it remains unidentified.

I've merged your post with a thread dealing with music played in newsreels covering Hitler's birthday celebrations; feel free to browse it and see if the march you're looking for has already been discussed.

Cheers,
Ivan

Leonhard P.

Post by Leonhard P. » 10 Jun 2023, 03:01

Hello, Ivan.

Actually, the march I'm looking for is not from the 50th birthday. I believe it is from the 48th, but I'm not entirely sure (Himmler is wearing a Stahlhelm). If you search for "LSSAH Musikkorps der Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler" on archive.org, you'll find the video. I'm specifically looking for the first march that is played in it. Someone mentioned in the reviews that it's "Sonnenwaerts," but it doesn't seem like the one played in the video to me.
Do you have any idea which march it could be? Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 10 Jun 2023, 09:57

Ah, from the 47th birthday newsreel. Doesn't sound familiar, but It's not "Sonnenwärts". Some people really have weird hearing :)

Cheers,
Ivan

Tarch

Post by Tarch » 03 Jan 2024, 15:31

Ivan Ž. wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 00:31
Hello, Egor. I'm looking for reliable info on both the title and who composed the piece. There's no point in listing various marches by Karl Möller without a solid confirmation that it was indeed him who composed the march in question. Again: does anyone have anything reliable on the piece played by Hitler's bodyguards? A period (or even a postwar) German record label, an original German score, a press report, etc.?

Note: the march is known in Chile as "Aguila Imperial", meaning "Imperial Eagle" (the Chilean arrangement ends with "Yorckscher Marsch"). Unfortunately, I didn't manage to find Chilean info on the composer.

Cheers,
Ivan
I’ve tracked down a YouTube video that is the complete score the Chilean march, “Aguila Imperial”. I found the description very interesting…

Aguila Imperial Complete Score

(Description below is translated)

Traditional march of the Chilean Navy, arranged by SO IM (Ms) David Letelier during his time as Head of the Naval School Band.
Through a sound recording, the unit commander asked the SO Letelier to fix the gear of the audio by adding touches of a cornet. That piece consisted of the march "In Alter Freundschaft" composed by the Danish musician Carl Cristian Möller.
Adaptation by Simón Cerda P
Warm Regards, Tarch

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 03 Jan 2024, 15:42

Sadly, it's no official source nor an official score, but a private / self-made one.

Cheers,
Ivan

Tarch

Post by Tarch » 08 Jan 2024, 06:09

https://www.dgfmm.de/archiv/notenmateri ... eundschaft
I found a German website that has the music under the same title “In alter Freundschaft” and the composer is Karl Möller.
Warm Regards, Tarch

Return to “Music of the Reich”