Sheet music

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
buffalox

Sheet music

Post by buffalox » 29 Apr 2005, 21:45

Hi there,
Recently been reading the AMAZING book about Third Reich bandsmen (published by Tomahawk Films). I noticed a lot of pictures of sheet music, all of which would be COMPLETELY unavailable now of course (Die Fahne hoch, etc...). But it still exists of course. So, can anyone send me any decent quality scans of songs such as Die Fahne hoch for piano? I've already got quite a few scans from a BDM songbook, and I have a copy of an SS songbook, but I'm looking for decent piano renditions of the old favorites!

I shouldn't have to say it, but these would be entirely for my own amusement - you can only listen to a song so many times before wanting to play it (if you're a pianist I guess)!

Feel free to email or PM me!

Claymore

Post by Claymore » 01 May 2005, 11:54

Hello buffalox,

I agree, the Tomahawk book is superb, it must be the only book on the subject with so many great illustrations. But it is surprising just how easy it is to find these songsheets, if you have the patience to search for them on the internet.

With regards to the 'Die Fahne hoch / Horst Wessel Lied' , a firm favourite of mine, I have posted two examples from my collection. Both are for the piano (klavier): http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 1&t=103639

Regards.

buffalox

Post by buffalox » 01 May 2005, 15:34

Hi there,
Many thanks for those - they are exactly the type of thing I am looking for!

You say that they are quite easy to find on the internet, but I searched and I searched with no luck! The only things I found were a whole lotta scans from two BDM songbooks. I'm usually pretty good at finding obscure things on the internet, but was completely unsuccessful in this quest - if you've got any tips please do let me know!

And if you've got any more, please post them!!

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 01 Nov 2006, 22:21

buffalox wrote:Recently been reading the AMAZING book about Third Reich bandsmen (published by Tomahawk Films).
Regarding the author and his "amazing" works (scams), see the following topic: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 1&t=205121

Everyone, to avoid double posting and make the browsing easier, please post sheet music requests for each composition separately from now on.

Cheers,
Ivan

Return to “Music of the Reich”