SS Evening Dress Metal Skull Breast Badge

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
R. J. Kimmel
Banned

SS Evening Dress Metal Skull Breast Badge

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 10 Apr 2002, 17:22

Can anyone provide photographs of the Obverse/Reverse and being worn for this badge. Also... Exact dimensions and metal content of this rare item?

Richard

RF HONTS
Banned

Hello

Post by RF HONTS » 10 Apr 2002, 17:31

Richard,

Are you speaking of the Mein Ihre heist treue bar?

They are extremely rare!! I have one, but have no photographs. They struck in silver.

Roger

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Re: Hello

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 10 Apr 2002, 17:50

RF HONTS wrote:Richard,

Are you speaking of the Mein Ihre heist treue bar?

They are extremely rare!! I have one, but have no photographs. They struck in silver.

Roger
Yes... The one on the wood skull in my posession was struck in silver (connfirmed) and has, unfortunately, had the screw posts removed in affixing it to the forehead. The value would not deminish much at all given the fact that it is extremely rare. As in the case of antiques, a damaged rare item does not have it's value reduced much, if at all, because of the rarity of the item.

Could you post the dimensions of your badge?

Richard

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

OH NO, THE CARVED SKULL. HEY BOSS, THE SKULL, THE SKULL!!

Post by WCSTUMP » 10 Apr 2002, 21:03

Here we go again down the yellow brick road with Edgar Burgan, Charlie McCarthy, and Mortomer Snern carrying the carved dummy wood skull. I want to say that the ULTRA rare S. S. Dinner Dress devise is so rare that I have only seen one original in all my years collecting Third Reich items. I would like to see the one from "Scaply's Skull" and the one Roger has. If real I will be more than happy to eat a bowl of crow.

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Re: OH NO, THE CARVED SKULL. HEY BOSS, THE SKULL, THE SKULL

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 10 Apr 2002, 22:34

WCSTUMP wrote:Here we go again down the yellow brick road with Edgar Burgan, Charlie McCarthy, and Mortomer Snern carrying the carved dummy wood skull. I want to say that the ULTRA rare S. S. Dinner Dress devise is so rare that I have only seen one original in all my years collecting Third Reich items. I would like to see the one from "Scaply's Skull" and the one Roger has. If real I will be more than happy to eat a bowl of crow.
Hmmm... William, I'm sorry that what is in my collection doesn't meet with your approval. Have you seen Roger's? Judging items from photographs seems to be the way on this forum. The badge in question has already been posted, pictured on the wood skull. I doubt that I would remove it from it's present position, just to show it by itself.

It has already been tested, has proven out to be silver and die-struck. I am hoping that Roger will take measurements of his and possibly a photograph for posting.

Is it too much to ask that you afford me the courtesy of allowing me to post without your colorful responses? I am of the understanding that you and I had come to a gentlemen's agreemet?

Richard

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

NO OFFENCE INTENDED

Post by WCSTUMP » 10 Apr 2002, 22:49

Sorry, but Roger's SS Dinner Dress insignia is most likely a fake as is 99% of the examples I have ever seen are. Being struck in silver has no bearing on originality. Just as an item glittering doesn't mean it is gold or diamonds also applies to being silver. Silver has no sense. It doesn't know if it was produce 100 year ago or yesterday. It is just silver. The "Latvian Postmaster" is selling on epier a "900" fine silver Anti-Partisan Badge as original. Being "900" fine doesn't make it original war time produced now does it? I do want to say that I can't control myself when it come to that stupid looking, (my opinion) wood skull you have. If you really think and can prove its originality, you should donate it to some holocaust museum. However, everytime I see it I can see old Mortomer and Charley McCarthy.

Go to epier and search this item number 368142. After looking at it, check out the other 49 items from the "King of Latvia"

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 10 Apr 2002, 23:50

I really don`t want to get involved with your discussion, but I just had to check out this epier auction. Take a look at his feedback. Lots and lots of positive comments, then suddely:

-He told me he makes these in his basement! Watch out for this dealer!
-ANOTHER BAD ITEM! ALL FAKES FROM THIS GUY! WATCH HIM!
-THIS GUY IS A MASTER OF FAKE ITEMS! DON'T BUY FROM HIM!
-RIP OFF ARTIST! DON'T BUY FROM THIS DEALER! ALL FAKES!
-ALL THIS GUY SELLS ARE FAKES! WATCH HIM WITH BOTH EYES!
-Another FAKE! Lead badge! WATCH this guy! BLOCK HIM!
-FAKE Badge! WATCH this Scummy dealer!
-phony seller! Watch this guy! Sent a box of bubble gum!

This sounds a bit strange....... All these feedbacks are posted by the same man. Seems like someone is really after this guy.....

EE

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

THE FELLOW HAS AN ARMY OF DISTRACTORS

Post by WCSTUMP » 11 Apr 2002, 00:13

The ignorant, the uneducated and the naive fall victim to the charlatans from Fakemongerville everyday. This seller knows the original from the fake. He has been pitched off ebay and epier many times, but creeps back and profits from his unethical and actually illegal dealings. FRAUDSTER should be his middle name. His list of "victims" grows each day and it is sad that after getting burned and finding out too late causes many young collector to drop the hobby.

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 11 Apr 2002, 14:18

William... Thank you for your explaination.

Richard

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Re: NO OFFENCE INTENDED

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 11 Apr 2002, 14:43

Go to epier and search this item number 368142. After looking at it, check out the other 49 items from the "King of Latvia"
[/quote]

William

If this is as you say, then may be a good idea to bring him into the forum, as quite a bit has been said about him.

Richard

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

YOUR IDEA

Post by WCSTUMP » 11 Apr 2002, 16:52

Be my guest and invite the old boy over. I am sure he will receive a "warm" welcome.

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Re: YOUR IDEA

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 11 Apr 2002, 22:24

WCSTUMP wrote:Be my guest and invite the old boy over. I am sure he will receive a "warm" welcome.
Thanks to your keen eye and detective work I have been able to establish contact again with Mr. Loughmiller. I have explained what has been being discussed on the forum and have extended the invitation to him. I cannot guarantee that he will participate on the forum, that would be strictly his decision.

Richard

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

HE WILL FEEL RIGHT AT HOME

Post by WCSTUMP » 11 Apr 2002, 22:58

I am happy to see that you have made contact with your friend, contact, client or what ever you classify him. I am sure he will feel right at home as many members of this and other forums would love to hear his threats, insults and tirades on a public forum rather than on his auction sites when they tell him that he is a fake monger. I can't wait to see input to the many questions I am sure he will receive. Now you won't feel discriminated against because you will have a comrade defending his fantasy items IF he comes to face the music. I say "music" because he will be hearing a lot of "sour notes" being sung over the preposterous fake crap he offers. One suggestion, you may want to have him move old Edgar's wooden skull for you.

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Re: HE WILL FEEL RIGHT AT HOME

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 12 Apr 2002, 14:53

WCSTUMP wrote:I am happy to see that you have made contact with your friend, contact, client or what ever you classify him. I am sure he will feel right at home as many members of this and other forums would love to hear his threats, insults and tirades on a public forum rather than on his auction sites when they tell him that he is a fake monger. I can't wait to see input to the many questions I am sure he will receive. Now you won't feel discriminated against because you will have a comrade defending his fantasy items IF he comes to face the music. I say "music" because he will be hearing a lot of "sour notes" being sung over the preposterous fake crap he offers. One suggestion, you may want to have him move old Edgar's wooden skull for you.
Hmmm... Your thoughts and suggiestions have been duly noted, however, I don't believe that he wishes to subject himself to the crap. I can't blame him, as it is not really benefiting this forum, or any forum. Only good thread space will be wasted, which I'm certain Marcus would agree with. However, I'm certain that he will begin to view the forum. I believe that a friendly aquaintance would be the proper word, since I have never met the gentleman, and the minimal contact with Mr. Loughmiller has been above board. My opinion is that when anyone bids on an item on internet auctions, it's due to their own ineptness that the get burned. Confiding in the wrong individuals doesn't help situations either.

Richard

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 12 Apr 2002, 16:05

Hmmm... I've taken the liberty in posting Mr. Loughmiller's feedback record from ePier.

Profile Page
Hi I am Heydrich Overall Ranking 81
Positive Neutral Negative
Since 5/13/2001 6:54:12 AM 89 0 8
Last 7 days Positive 1 Neutral 0 Negative 0
1 month Positive 14 Neutral 0 Negative 0
3 month Positive 37 Neutral 0 Negative 0
6 month Positive 59 Neutral 0 Negative 8

Richard

Return to “Axis Awards”