SS Evening Dress Metal Skull Breast Badge

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
ksfinley

Post by ksfinley » 18 Oct 2003, 04:59

The rear
Attachments
tb4.jpg
tb4.jpg (11.63 KiB) Viewed 4154 times

ksfinley

Post by ksfinley » 18 Oct 2003, 05:00

The washer and nuts
Attachments
tb1.jpg
tb1.jpg (14.24 KiB) Viewed 4153 times

ksfinley

Post by ksfinley » 18 Oct 2003, 05:20

Oh yeah the red felt behind the eyes.
Attachments
tb7.jpg
tb7.jpg (12.07 KiB) Viewed 4150 times

ksfinley

Post by ksfinley » 18 Oct 2003, 05:27

I wont show a clear shot of the back, dont want the fakers to get the proper details and markings :wink:

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

Post by WCSTUMP » 18 Oct 2003, 18:30

Don't worry about showing the reverse as the obverse tells the story. Here is von Ribbentrop's which is night and day different from the one you present.
Attachments
RIBBENTROP SS DINNER DRESS DEVISE FROM VON RIBBENTROP'S UNIFORM.JPG
RIBBENTROP SS DINNER DRESS DEVISE FROM VON RIBBENTROP'S UNIFORM.JPG (15.19 KiB) Viewed 4120 times

ksfinley

Post by ksfinley » 19 Oct 2003, 00:32

Oh no, I feel terrible for taking all that money from Steve Wolfe when he bought it from me. Take a closer look they are identical. Maybe made of different materials. I think they were made from aluminum, a zinc type potmetal, or metal.

NDNtrooper

Post by NDNtrooper » 19 Oct 2003, 01:34

I see absolutley no difference for one it really makes me laugh when such an opinion is rendered on a veteran aquired item that was purchsed by one of the foremost dealers and authorities on Third Reich memorabilia.The pettyness of making such assenine remarks reveals that the old school collecting mentality prevails to this day.That is the only a well known clique memeber is allowed to have original items in thier possesion everything else is fake.Now that old age is fading dreams and memories of the bitter hunt and anxiety attacks that went with it , suddenly we find alot of fake items will be discovered.How the heck can this California Hick find such a rare item that directly after finding it several well known dealers in High end items scrambled to get their greedy conspiring paws on it. There is medication for this.

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

Post by WCSTUMP » 19 Oct 2003, 03:29

Mr. ksfinley and ndntrooper I shall attempt to enlighten your two brilliant young men about the two SS Dinner Dress Devises posted on this thread. First of all, I could care less if my friend Steve Wolfe, Santa Clause or the tooth fairy paid "all that money for the obvious aluminum badge. As per them being "identical" I say you are in need of glasses. The originals are NOT produced "from aluminum, a zinc type potmetal, or metal.". The only originals I have ever see were produced in fine silver with a beautiful frosted finish. The snide and insulting remarks from Herr "ndntrooper" are absurd. Anyone purchasing one of these aluminum fakes should make the seller laugh all the way to the bank if they "scrambled to get their greedy conspiring paws on it". This looks like a trolling post from the word go for you two enterprising California boys to go to all the trouble to dig this post from the archives and open the post "For wcstump/". It is evident that what you know about this rare and near unobtainable badge is minimal at best. If you want to insult someone, try someone else for I am on medication and you might make me ill by upsetting me. Look at the two badges and tell the Army they are the same because the Marines and old Hillbilly here don't buy your story.
Attachments
RIBBENTROP SS DINNER DRESS TRF 5.JPG
RIBBENTROP SS DINNER DRESS TRF 5.JPG (46.95 KiB) Viewed 4075 times

ksfinley

Post by ksfinley » 19 Oct 2003, 11:19

Oh Brother, why I bother posting anything on these forums is beyond me. You Mr Stump are a real treat. And all those years of militaria collecting you still have alot to learn. Bye :lol:

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

Post by WCSTUMP » 19 Oct 2003, 17:01

ksfinley wrote:Oh Brother, why I bother posting anything on these forums is beyond me. You Mr Stump are a real treat. And all those years of militaria collecting you still have alot to learn. Bye :lol:
Your problem is that your attitude stinks. You are right on one point. I need to learn every day; I strive to learn something new everyday. I have a willing mind after all these years of collecting militaria. It is obvious your mind isn't on a learning wave. Bye now and you have a nice day.

ksfinley

Post by ksfinley » 19 Oct 2003, 19:59

What you need to do is a little more research on certain items before you condem them. Alot of collectors come to these forums to learn, and as far as I can tell you aren't sharing any knowedlge here about this badge. and just to clear things up, I could care less if you think this badge is authentic, As NDTrooper said This badge was purchased from me by a very well known and respected dealer in Militaria. I never posted this badge here to get the thumbs up from anybody, I just was going through some old posts since I have not been on this forum for some time and I thought I might show the badge I once owned (and vet aquired) to the other collectors. And as to your reference to me and NDTrooper, I quote "This looks like a trolling post from the word go for you two enterprising California boys to go to all the trouble to dig this post from the archives and open the post "For wcstump/" You are delusional my freind and maybe you need a little more of that medication you said you were on. And by the way I am a Marinecorp vet, but not a hillbilly.
KSF
Last edited by ksfinley on 19 Oct 2003, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 19 Oct 2003, 20:00

People, drop the unfriendly tone and get back on topic.

/Marcus

ksfinley

Post by ksfinley » 19 Oct 2003, 20:02

I must say the only unfreindly tone seems to be coming from Mr. Stump

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 19 Oct 2003, 20:05

ksfinley,

My above remark was directed at you too.

/Marcus

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

Re: mess dress badge

Post by WCSTUMP » 19 Oct 2003, 20:18

ksfinley wrote:This is for wcstump/
READ YOUR WORDS. "This is for wcstump."

Marcus, it was not I who come over from German Daggers with a hostile trolling attitude. It was not I who was insulting. I was addressed by the Marine Corp. Vet and I merely commented. I assumed the item he posted "for WCStump" was to garner comments. I commented in a respectful manner and was insulted by the rude duo from California.

Return to “Axis Awards”