Aanti-partisan badge....Bandenkampfabzeichen

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Re: Someone.

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 27 Apr 2002 13:20

RF HONTS wrote:When you ask me a question DICK, you will be ignored. You asked the below question, and you are and will be ignored.....at least by the intelligent on this forum.
It's a shame that you couldn't let it just go at this, you felt that you had to insult mine and the intelligence of other members with your quoted statement. A classic example of the pot calling the kettle black! However, thank you for ignoring me as it will be very refreshing.

When I post my opinions they will still be read by those who are beginning to see the light here on this forum. You and a couple of the other common sense challanged will soon learn that this forum is not a bashing ground, but rather a place where novice collectors wish to learn more and the advanced to sharpen their knowledge.

/RK

Paddy Keating
Banned

Anti-Partisan Warfare Badges

Post by Paddy Keating » 27 Apr 2002 15:05

Very good article by W C Stump. Nice to see what appear to be original Anti-Partisan Warfare Badges in this thread. With badges of this rarity, missing pins and other damage do not really detract from their desirability.

But as to to the four badges posted by Roger Honts and the apparent reluctance of participants to respond to the young man's repeated question about the originality - as in predating May 1945 - of these four badges, they are not of a type that I would immediately recognise as conforming to the characteristics of any of the known originals I have seen and handled in the past and I would not be inclined to include them in my collection if I wanted unquestionable examples of the Anti-Partisan Warfare Badge.

I must stress that I am not saying that these four APWBs are not original, pre-May 1945 pieces. I am merely saying that I do not like them with no offence intended to their owner.

Paddy Ryan

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 27 Apr 2002 15:31

Paddy,

Welcome to the forum.

/Marcus

RF HONTS
Banned

Hi Paddy

Post by RF HONTS » 27 Apr 2002 16:53

Hi Paddy,

I honor your statement. However, what do you not "like" about my badges? If you will turn to any reference, or look on most German web sites you will see these pieces conform to known originals.

Thank you,

Roger

RF HONTS
Banned

Boduke

Post by RF HONTS » 27 Apr 2002 16:58

Bo Duke,

Thank you for your comments. If you have Jorg Nimmerguts smaller reference book, he shows the reverse of Andre Huskens badge. It is very similiar to mine, with the only different is the larger sized "C" catch.

Roger

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Re: roger

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 27 Apr 2002 17:02

Richard van Kempen wrote:roger
what is written on the pin??

richard
Interesting... what is written on the pin & why was the zize of the scan reduced?

/RK

RF HONTS
Banned

DICK

Post by RF HONTS » 27 Apr 2002 17:03

I will ignore the request.

If someone else would like to ask the same question, I'd be more than happy to explain.

Roger

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 27 Apr 2002 17:06

Roger,

Can you please ignore posts completly instead of responding to them with a post saying you ignore the post in question?
Thanks.

/Marcus

RF HONTS
Banned

Marcus

Post by RF HONTS » 27 Apr 2002 17:09

Marcus,

SURE. How about explaining to DICK, that I do not want him asking me stupid question, or questions at all!!!!! If he cannot understand my postings, maybe you can explain it to him? He is not understanding my English.

Roger

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 27 Apr 2002 17:12

Marcus Wendel wrote:Roger,

Can you please ignore posts completly instead of responding to them with a post saying you ignore the post in question?
Thanks.

/Marcus
Thank you Marcus I appreciate the fact that you're up on this type of ignorance.

/RK

RF HONTS
Banned

another photo

Post by RF HONTS » 27 Apr 2002 19:59

Here is another example of the Anti-Partisan badge with diamonds. This piece belongs to my friend Andre Husken.

Roger

Benjamin Fanjoy
Banned

Post by Benjamin Fanjoy » 27 Apr 2002 20:06

Mr. Honts thats a really nice badge, first off.

Secondly what would have to be done or acomplished to be awared this badge (w/diamonds) ???

RF HONTS
Banned

Mark

Post by RF HONTS » 27 Apr 2002 20:12

Mark,

Thank you! I have not yet seen another example besides this one, and the one I own.

The award criteria is not known for the diamonds badge. However the Bronze badge was for 20 days combat, Silver for 50 days, and gold for 150 days, so I would assume it would be awarded for greater than 150 days of aintipartisan fighting.

I would give a diamond to the soldier just for surviving greater than 5 months of fighting!!

Roger

Paddy Keating
Banned

Post by Paddy Keating » 27 Apr 2002 21:11

Hi Paddy,

I honor your statement. However, what do you not "like" about my badges? If you will turn to any reference, or look on most German web sites you will see these pieces conform to known originals.

Thank you,

Roger
Hallo Roger,

Ah well now! Which works of reference and websites would you be referring to? I have seen a lot of them and I didn't like them at all. But I would hate to think that I had offended you.

What can I say? The monks beat it into me that honesty honoured the Lord and I cannot tell a lie, not even a little white one just to make your good self feel better. So I will be honest and hope that you take my remarks in the belevolent, brotherly spirit in which they are intended, to be sure.

I just don't like your Anti-Partisan Warfare Badges, in the same way that my grandfather who used to deal in horses back in Ireland didn't like an animal that looked lame, or as if it might go lame. For me, your badges are like a horse that might be lame. Fine-looking, perhaps, but ultimately unreliable. You know? A horse that goes clip-ker-lop rather than a nice, even clip-clop. Or even clippity-clop.

But I may be wrong about your Anti-Partisan Warfare Badges. Maybe it's just the photographs. On the other hand, though, the reverses of known, original semi-hollow Anti-Partisan Warfare Badges made by C E Juncker of Berlin before the destruction of their factory complex by aerial bombardment in December 1944 that I have seen and handled did not show any of the obverse design at all. C E Juncker's Bandenkampfabzeichen were either semi-hollow or solid-backed. Your badges do not seem to conform to this accepted norm. Neither are they like the so-called 2nd Type APWB which is said to have been made in limited numbers in 1945 by an unknown manufacturer after the bombardment of C E Juncker. Some say that these 2nd pattern badges, which were solid-backed, were cast from moulds made using a 1st pattern C E Juncker-made badge but then, some say that the Totenkopf or Deathshead under Siegfried's sword was smaller on the 2nd type APWB than on the first type.

Tell me, what cut are the diamonds in your Bandenkampfabzeichen in Gold mit Brillanten? I have a picture of Mr André Hüsken's example on my desk on front of me here in the den and I have to say that at first glance, it does not look identical to your example at all. There seem to be a number of detail differences. How is the wording on the lid of the presentation case of your APWB with Diamonds? And what colour is the pin on the reverse of the badge? Is it gold or is it silver? And what colour is the blade of Siegfried's sword?

Looking forward to your reply and to seeing some nice, clear pictures of that Bandenkampfabzeichen in Gold mit Brillanten of yours. And of the lid of the case.

Yours aye, and may your God go with you, whoever he is!

Paddy Ryan

RF HONTS
Banned

Prosper

Post by RF HONTS » 27 Apr 2002 22:15

Prosper, oops Paddy,

I will not go round and round and just say everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I would however like to see YOUR Anti-Partisans in your own collection, not photo collection that is.

Thank you,

Roger

Return to “Axis Awards”