RK des KVK and the family

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Raz

RK des KVK and the family

Post by Raz » 27 Feb 2003, 20:48

I think this should wake up a few people!

Here's my old RK KVK with swords on short lone back to me.
Truly impressive items to have but an absolute nightmare to find and then authenticate!

This is maker marked for Deschler & Sohn and #900 silver content.
Attachments
razcol_tr_rkkvk.jpg
razcol_tr_rkkvk.jpg (51.05 KiB) Viewed 5634 times

Raz

Post by Raz » 27 Feb 2003, 20:49

And.....
I know everyone one loves a good family reunion photo:
Attachments
razcol_grouping.jpg
razcol_grouping.jpg (41.32 KiB) Viewed 5633 times

Macmedal

Post by Macmedal » 27 Feb 2003, 22:20

Raz

Very nice example of a RK to KVK.

As well as a Fantastic group shot.

I take it the other awards are still in your fantastic collection ?

On the subject of KVK's what is your opinion on these alleged RK to the KVK's in Gold ?

Nick

Bryan Poon

Post by Bryan Poon » 28 Feb 2003, 04:59

Hi Raz

8O :o Nice to see your family photo. Well it just captured some "Boys" (military awards) from your family. How about the "Girls" (political/civil awards)? I would like to see them too. :wink:

Cheers
BP

Michael Marshall

Post by Michael Marshall » 28 Feb 2003, 06:23

Here's my old RK KVK with swords on short lone back to me.
Wow being a huge RK KVK van I have to say I am glad that you got it back "on a short loan". Why was is it on loan it you if it is yours?
8)
Thanks
Michael

J Heller

Post by J Heller » 28 Feb 2003, 07:06

wow, very nice picture 8O

discovery1777

Knight's Cross War Service Cross

Post by discovery1777 » 28 Feb 2003, 10:32

Soebody was enquiring about this - see my book 'Knight's Cross of the War Service Cross' (Vol 1) at http://www.militarypress.co.uk

Volume 2 will be out this year.

According to Klaus Patzwall - Albert Speer was not presented with the award, but who knows?

Raz

Post by Raz » 28 Feb 2003, 21:53

Nick:
Yes all the other items in the group are still in my collection :-)

I'm 50/50 about if there are genuine gold RK KVK however have seen one example (photos only)
that displayed the die (Deschler) characteristics that I would be happy with in a normal silver RK.
However as Nick pointed out in another thread it would be fairly easy to gold plate a genuine
example postwar anyway.

Then I hear stories of other examples being liberated from the Schloss or direct from Germany from
contacts connected with the Deschler firm itself. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are
indeed genuine examples out there, but that's just my opinion.

Bryan:
you calling my political awards girlie!!!!! We'll see about that! ;-)

Michael:
I foolishly sold that RK to a collecting buddy and am only now learning what a true jewel it really is.

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

Post by WCSTUMP » 01 Mar 2003, 02:40

Raz wrote:Nick:
Yes all the other items in the group are still in my collection :-)

I'm 50/50 about if there are genuine gold RK KVK however have seen one example (photos only)
that displayed the die (Deschler) characteristics that I would be happy with in a normal silver RK.
However as Nick pointed out in another thread it would be fairly easy to gold plate a genuine
example postwar anyway.

Then I hear stories of other examples being liberated from the Schloss or direct from Germany from
contacts connected with the Deschler firm itself. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are
indeed genuine examples out there, but that's just my opinion.

Bryan:
you calling my political awards girlie!!!!! We'll see about that! ;-)

Michael:
I foolishly sold that RK to a collecting buddy and am only now learning what a true jewel it really is.
The gold plated RK of the KVK was indeed produced by Deschler. I knew of 8 examples that came from the Schloss hoard. I know where one example, mint in the original case is today. It could be acquuired, but unfortunately for the next buyer, they will pay dearly for it.

Macmedal

Post by Macmedal » 01 Mar 2003, 03:01

Bill

Do you know exact details about how these alleged awards were recovered. I have heard conflicting stories about it.

Also I am intrigued to know what case they came in if it was the same as the original RK to the KVK.

As I have mentioned before I have been some what sceptical about these awards. But the more I dig the more info comes to light.

Nick

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

Post by WCSTUMP » 01 Mar 2003, 07:24

Nick Mackay wrote:Bill

Do you know exact details about how these alleged awards were recovered. I have heard conflicting stories about it.

Also I am intrigued to know what case they came in if it was the same as the original RK to the KVK.

As I have mentioned before I have been some what sceptical about these awards. But the more I dig the more info comes to light.

Nick

Here is the story as I know it to be true. Three companies produced the Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross in Gold. Deschler, Steinhauaer and Luck and Zimmermann, 20. At least two were awarded. Obermeister in einem Rustungsbetrieb Franz Hahne was bestowed his on May 20, 1942. Weather his was originally gold or silver is not known, but a color photographs shows him wearing the gold variation later in the war. A California collector years ago bought seven or eight gold RK to the KVK's and two were without swords and marked 20, for Zimmermann. The castle at Kleissheim held a virtual hoard of unissued German orders and decorations when the members from the 3rd Infantry Division who at the end of W.W.II and carried off all of the stored decorations. I was lucky to acquire some great item from a 3rd Infantry Division vet as early as the middle 60's. He had cased examples of Eagle Order, RK to the KVK, Hitler Wound badges, ALL 800 L/12, and scores of other high end awards. Now that many of the old vets from the 3rd Division are dying off, and had held on to their treasures all these years, their families are selling off these great items. Today, one just has to be in the right place at the right time to score big. The noted war booty hunter, and personal friend, Jason Brumeister travels the world and the U. S. looking for the vets, especially of the 3rd Division. What he has found and brought to the collector's market is mind boggling.

Bryan Poon

Post by Bryan Poon » 01 Mar 2003, 09:31

Raz

Looking forward to see your "ladies", thanks.

Cheers
BP

Raz

Post by Raz » 01 Mar 2003, 11:12

I remember reading on one of the forums that one such alleged genuine case for the gold RK had the only
distinction of having gold hinges (?) but could have just been the normal brass hinges but cleaner ;-),
other than that it was a bog standard RK KVK case.

Here's what the normal case looks like, there are 2 different styled catches with these cases.
Attachments
razcol_rkcase.jpg
razcol_rkcase.jpg (27.98 KiB) Viewed 5512 times

lisset

Family Group.

Post by lisset » 01 Mar 2003, 13:29

8O :D
Raz ...a very nice group , thanks for what the country people in this part of the world would describe as a "gleak" at them ( A "wee" look).
Really nice......awards I have are small in number going up to DK (gold) cased.
Thank you for a look at some nicely conditioned gems.

don

Post by don » 01 Mar 2003, 14:25

Very nice, Very nice. Raz can you show us a close up of your cross in gold
when you get a chance ?

don

Return to “Axis Awards”