could some one tell me what these badges are

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
arantxa

could some one tell me what these badges are

Post by arantxa » 12 Nov 2018 17:54

An elderly neibour had asked me to sell these so will put on ebay his dad brought them back from ww2 could some one give me some details on them and what I should ask for them
thanks
Arantxa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

von thoma

Re: could some one tell me what these badges are

Post by von thoma » 12 Nov 2018 23:25

Hello Arantxa ;

From the left ; A patch of Luftwaffe NCO Oberfeldwebel/Oberfähnrich ( Cadet), kragenspiegel ( Collar Patch for German Army )*,
a Luftwaffe breast eagle on the portrait, a pair of shoulder boards Hauptmann rank ( Luftwaffe or Army ), below other
kragenspiegel *, and a Luftwaffe collar patch for Hauptmann ( Captain ) rank.
I can't determine exactly the waffenfarbe of the last patch; if it's deep-red ( Anti-aircraft troops and Air Force artillery ),
or if it's a carmine colour ( officers in general staff service )

* If orange colour ( Military Police ), or golden-yellow for Cavalry/Reconnaissance
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: could some one tell me what these badges are

Post by John G. » 13 Nov 2018 00:22

The correct identification is a pair of Police Gendarmier officer's collar tabs (silver litzen on orange), a single Luftwaffe collar tab for flight troops or paratroopers- oberfeldwebel- (yellow tab with 4 gulls); a portrait photo of a Luftwaffe enlisted man with a breast eagle included; a single Luftwaffe Hauptmann Flak troops collar tab; and a pair of Captain's shoulder blades (Hauptmann)- could be Von Thoma's list or could be Police officers.... Need photo of bottoms.

Realistic value for everything is around $100.00 to $150.00 tops.... Nothing really rare or that desirable.....
John G.

Return to “Axis Awards”