German WWI Presentation Goblet

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
dw171

German WWI Presentation Goblet

Post by dw171 » 03 Jan 2019 23:03

I bought this presentation goblet from a friend. Neither of us really know much about it. Its about 9 1/4" tall and very heavy. I was able to get a rough translation of the German. Front "Landstorm Infantry Battalion", couldn't figure out last word. The back basically translated to "In remembrance of our time together in Russia / Poland 1915-1916. I can only decipher 2 names, Muller and Kruger, Lieutenant and I think 2nd Lieutenant. One of the other names is for a battalion doctor, couldn't read the name though. The other name I have no idea. There were quite a few Muller's and Kruger's in the war. Could I get some help with further identifying the names and occasion this goblet was for? I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this in, but I think it would be considered and award. Second post for additional pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dw171

Re: German WWI Presentation Goblet

Post by dw171 » 04 Jan 2019 00:40

Here's the second group of pictures. I was able to find it is from Landsturm-Infanterie-Bataillon Ostrowo (V.21), but have not found any of the names engraved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

von thoma

Re: German WWI Presentation Goblet

Post by von thoma » 04 Jan 2019 23:04

Piece ( Goblet ) of fantasy of a glazier, very decorative and made in Bohemian glass, but not a real memorabilia goblet
Goblets were most common among german pilots in WW1 and WW2

* Where they put "Infantrie", should say Infanterie
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Return to “Axis Awards”