Possible piece from Luftwaffe Ace Theodor Weissenberger. Need help please.

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Czwirn

Possible piece from Luftwaffe Ace Theodor Weissenberger. Need help please.

Post by Czwirn » 20 Feb 2019 04:57

Currently I have a possible WW2 luftwaffe piece in my possession and am at a loss as to where to go to figure out how to authenticate or if that’s even possible. I’ve searched for pictures of Weissenberger holding the piece but am not able to find any. The piece has his name and the rank Hauptman carved into the inner side of one grip and his name and herr Hauptman carved into the inner side of the other grip. Is there any way to know if this piece actually belonged to him and whether or not he carried it as his sidearm during the conflict? I know he ended his military career as a Major so it would not make sense, if it was indeed his, for him to have carved that post war. Just looking for some help as I said. A record of pistols with serial numbers issued to officers is probably way to much to ask😁

Thank you in advance for any assistance here.

Best Regards,
Chris

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Possible piece from Luftwaffe Ace Theodor Weissenberger. Need help please.

Post by John G. » 21 Feb 2019 23:35

Pictures would help, it sounds like a service bayonet.... Which would not normally have anything g to do with an officer... Sounds shakey on the face of things, but will reserve my opinion until we can see what it looks like.
John G.

Czwirn

Post by Czwirn » 22 Feb 2019 06:30

John, this is a 1939 date “42” Luger pistol. I’ll be happy to post pics in the morning. Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it.

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 22 Feb 2019 11:19

These pictures..? viewtopic.php?f=71&t=240504

Waleed

Czwirn

Post by Czwirn » 22 Feb 2019 17:12

Yes waleed. Those are the pics. I know it’s going to be very difficult pinning this pistol to Weissenberger, but the history behind it is interesting and I am learning tons about many different topics while just looking for the info I want to know. Collateral learning.

Thanks,
Chris

Return to “Axis Awards”