Cholm Shield real or fake?

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
hannibal2

Cholm Shield real or fake?

Post by hannibal2 » 04 Mar 2019 05:20

Could someone please tell me if this shield is real or fake? Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

matthew4108

Re: Cholm Shield real or fake?

Post by matthew4108 » 04 Mar 2019 12:19

Your question has been answered twice before on this very forum. It is still a fake badge.

hannibal2

Post by hannibal2 » 04 Mar 2019 14:53

Hi Matthew! To simply say it's a fake is no judgment but merely an assertion. Therefore, would you please tell me with some specificity the reasons why you think it's not genuine? I would very much appreciate it if you did. In general, concerning any item appearing in this forum, what would make you suspect that something isn't right? Is merely looking at photographs enough to enable you to make a valid appraisal? Shouldn't it be inspected by actually having it physically present? Just asking...
Thank you for your consideration.
Gert

matthew4108

Post by matthew4108 » 04 Mar 2019 16:01

The very purpose of this forum is to share knowledge amongst peers about the pieces we collect. Overwhelming majority of those artifacts can be judged on good pictures alone, like the one above without the need to have the actual piece in hand.
The piece above is fake. Actually it's a copy of a fake. A weak cast copy of the infamous "helmet fake".
Or as any COA would describe it- "details and manufacturing method do not match known originals".

Question I have is why you keep on reposting this piece over and over asking for opinions while at the same time previous threads of the same that were given unfavorable comments disappear?

hannibal2

Post by hannibal2 » 04 Mar 2019 17:14

Thank you very much for your response Matthew which clears up the questions I have raised. I re-posted my request precisely because it kept disappearing for no apparent reason. The very first one vanished even before there was a reply!! How would you explain that? So can you blame me for trying again?
Gert

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 04 Mar 2019 18:34

I as a mod removed all your reposts of this shield. However, we are kind of to blame for not showing you as we should of just exactly ewhy this is a fake, so I understand your concer5ns. So, maybe some of us please reply as to why this shield is no good, ?

Mr. hannibal2,we will let this post live so somemembers can explain, but do not post this again, ok? AHF has a general rule(so to speak) about constant reposting of the same thing. Happy Colllecting.

Return to “Axis Awards”