Eismeer Front Medal Original or Fake

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
BodhiEtheridge

Eismeer Front Medal Original or Fake

Post by BodhiEtheridge » 09 Sep 2019 00:24

Hi I saw this for sale and from what I’ve been told they are relatively hard to come across, I think it looks okay but that’s just from my quick inspection and I haven’t been able to find too much info on the fakes besides basics like crisp detail, I paid 125 USD for it,
7D3A3E0C-4615-4856-A6CC-0BED0691DDB3.jpeg
C793998A-66AC-41D5-946B-80072A851F0A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Eismeer Front Medal Original or Fake

Post by John G. » 09 Sep 2019 02:11

This is a totally unofficial token, produced on a relatively local unit level..... It is quite scarce but not of great interest to most collectors unless they specialize in Mountain troops ..... for many years they were totally over looked and considered watch fobs.
I have seen them on dealer sites for exorbitant prices.... Which are always very subjective.... Anyone can ask anything for an item..... and if you're happy with what you paid, then I won't blow your bubble. I personally would not have paid that much.... but I'm old school.
Again, it's a nice item, and 100% original.
John G.
PS. A little Vasoline and good wipe down will make this look like new and retard oxidization (not everyone agrees so you decide) but imho it can work miricals.

BodhiEtheridge

Re: Eismeer Front Medal Original or Fake

Post by BodhiEtheridge » 09 Sep 2019 02:47

Hi, I thanks for the reply it’s much appreciated, I’ll consider the Cleaning method although I do like to keep things original, thanks again and many thanks for the helpful reply.

Return to “Axis Awards”