SA Sports Badge

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
AxisJoe

SA Sports Badge

Post by AxisJoe » 26 Oct 2022, 23:41

Hi all,

Can anyone help me to determine if this badge is real or a repo? There is an interesting back story that maybe you will enjoy. These (because there are 8 of them) were found in a vet's estate in an unopened crate that was shipped from Germany to the US before the vet was sent to the Pacific (those papers were in the crate, too). In the crate was also a letter from the person's commanding officer telling the vet to give them out to anyone who wanted them, as they had found thousands. The letter said they were found in the Gestapo headquarters in Dusseldorf. All are near perfect, or are in perfect, condition, and are in original boxes and wrappings. While I am 99.99% certain these are authentic, I do not see numbers on them like the ones I see when researching them. Any help would be great and thank you in advance.
SASB1.jpeg
SASB1.jpeg (43.6 KiB) Viewed 3686 times
SASB2.jpeg
SASB2.jpeg (45.58 KiB) Viewed 3686 times
SASB3.jpeg
SASB3.jpeg (33.15 KiB) Viewed 3686 times

von thoma

Re: SA Sports Badge

Post by von thoma » 28 Oct 2022, 01:42

Hello AxisJoe ;

Welcome to AHF.

Better photos will be necessary to be able to assure something...
The story of the Gestapo headquarters in Dusseldorf, it only makes me distrust.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Hans1906
Banned

Re: SA Sports Badge

Post by Hans1906 » 28 Oct 2022, 17:56

I subscribe to Herr von thoma's posting,

My grandfather received the SA Sports Badge in bronze as a young man during his early years in the Reich Labor Service, a mass award, actually meaningless, a kind of "ornamental" for a man without any other distinction.

SA-Sportabzeichen: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA-Sportabzeichen

Of course, the beneficiaries were proud of this award, the oversized swastika stood for their own attitude.
But it was nothing more than that, a sports award, nothing more, in every class.
This award of my grandfather is lost, only the KVK 1 with swords is still here.

Stage stallions ("Etappenhengste") and soldiers in the third row did not receive Iron Crosses, which was a problem for many German soldiers at the time...

The mass of forgeries cannot be handled at all, today this award is a flea market product, worthless, without a personal "provenance" worth nothing.
A can of Coca-Cola, a coffee, if at all.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “Axis Awards”