The Reorganisation of NSDAP Awards

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Zirran

The Reorganisation of NSDAP Awards

Post by Zirran » 12 Apr 2023 14:53

I've ocme across several sources talking about the Badges, Medals and Decorations of the NSDAP being reorganised after the war.

Something along the lines of:

German Order 1st Class
German Order 2nd Class
German Order 3rd Class
Rune Star http://ailsby-collection.blogspot.com/2 ... -star.html
Golden Party Badge
Silver Party Badge
Party Badge

Some pieces were manufactured but never awarded.

All of the sources i've come across give conflicting accounts of who instituted this reorganisation. Some say Hess in the 30's, some say Hitler around the time of the Death of Fritz Todt.

Does anyone know of any official documentaion or sources about this change? All I can find are books telling me about this reorganisation but not giving detailled information about it.

matthew4108

Re: The Reorganisation of NSDAP Awards

Post by matthew4108 » 12 Apr 2023 18:53

Not able to give you an answer on the definitive sources of this claim but it is my firm belief that ALL of the above listed awards were produced, at least as prototypes (not to be mistaken with "one-off's"). What we know or think we know is but a portion of the subject matter- case in point- new info on Balloon Observer Badges presented on GMIC forum.

I would think the NSDAP changed or played around with those ideas when they still had time and hope of implementing the new policies but I have never heard it going as far back as the 30's. That said, it certainly is possible. Where does that info comes from if I may?

Zirran

Post by Zirran » 13 Apr 2023 21:39

The info comes from Robin Lumsden's book "Medals and Decoration of Hitler's Germany" P. 104

matthew4108

Post by matthew4108 » 14 Apr 2023 19:19

Thank You! I think I have the book in question somewhere here, have to take a peek.

Return to “Axis Awards”