Pictures of Anti Partisan Badge being worn

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Matt Gibbs

Revisit

Post by Matt Gibbs » 03 Jul 2004 23:26

Hi Guys;
In recent developments on here with the ID of Kuhbandner and Prasch I am going to submit my idea that the guy in the top photo with tropical hat is possibly Helmut Prasch. He was in Das Reich, and this guy wears a Das Reich cufftitle, which not many of the 24th SS Karstjager wore, we know from archive sources that Prasch was attached to Karstjager and that he was in Das Reich at one time, this guy also wears the same awards as Prasch recieved. Any thoughts..? It was pondered that perhaps, as John Moore said, Prasch was attached as an intelligence role to the Karstjager, and so as such could well have been the sort of guy to be negotiating a surrender. Ideas..????
Kind regards
Matt Gibbs

aussie jason

Post by aussie jason » 04 Jul 2004 07:11

Hello all i dont think the man in the top pic could be Kuhbandner as he dosnt have a rippon bar and dosnt seem to have the gold HJ badge above the EK1
Jason

Matt Gibbs

Other posts

Post by Matt Gibbs » 04 Jul 2004 10:50

Hi Jason - it definately isn't Kuhbandner, on another post this was discussed. Serves me right 4 years ago for assuming a photo in a book was correctly captioned before I knew more.
I think the guy in the top photo may be Helmut Prasch.
Regards
Matt Gibbs

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 05 Oct 2004 21:31

the first two pics were taken near the italian-austrian border,close the town of Tarvisio/Tarvis(now the country is italian but until the end of '800 was under the Austro-Ungarn Empire)
Must be said that the last platoons of Karstjager Div. fought the English First lines in the caves near Gemona(35 km from Tarvisio)at the end of April 1945.
The English,unable to smash their resistance,detroyed the caves with the TNT and the Karstjager body were never found(they still there and maybe under the rocks some BandenKampfAbzeichen should be buried.....)

scowen

Post by scowen » 05 Oct 2004 22:08

Excellent & rare photos. Nice to see them.

Cheers
Don

Paddy Keating
Banned

Post by Paddy Keating » 06 Oct 2004 04:26

It's not Kuhbandner. It could well be Helmut Prasch. A check through the SS officer personnel files might settle it.

PK

Robin Lumsden

Post by Robin Lumsden » 06 Oct 2004 19:12

Here's Kaminski during the Warsaw Uprising.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Robin Lumsden

Post by Robin Lumsden » 06 Oct 2004 19:14

And von dem Bach with his badge. I can't imagine HIM having gone head-to-head with partisans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Robin Lumsden

Post by Robin Lumsden » 06 Oct 2004 19:23

And finally, a cop who doubtless did see some action.

I think we should all remember, however, that at the outset of the war in Russia Himmler decreed that Jews, commissars etc. were to be treated as potential partisans or, to use his phrase, 'bandits', to be killed on sight as 'outlaws'. So action with the Einsatzgruppen and other extermination units could conceivably have counted as 'combat days' for the purposes of later award of this badge. That would explain how von dem Bach, Dirlewanger and others received it.

Perhaps controversial, but true nonetheless.

LAH

Post by LAH » 06 Oct 2004 19:34

Excellent pics mr lumsden.

Just ordered one of your books from amazon.

I now have four of them.

Mark

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 06 Oct 2004 21:05

Robin Lumsden wrote:And finally, a cop who doubtless did see some action.

I think we should all remember, however, that at the outset of the war in Russia Himmler decreed that Jews, commissars etc. were to be treated as potential partisans or, to use his phrase, 'bandits', to be killed on sight as 'outlaws'. So action with the Einsatzgruppen and other extermination units could conceivably have counted as 'combat days' for the purposes of later award of this badge. That would explain how von dem Bach, Dirlewanger and others received it.

Perhaps controversial, but true nonetheless.
very interesting Mr Lumsden

Matt Gibbs

Thanks

Post by Matt Gibbs » 10 Dec 2004 23:43

Thanks for posting those Robin, I only just saw them! I always wanted to see one of Kaminski wearing his and so now I have! I have not seen one like that of him before. Very nice to see!!
Kind regards;
Matthew Gibbs

Bergmolch

Re: Thanks

Post by Bergmolch » 20 Oct 2006 11:06

Globocnik with BKA in Villa Santina/Tolmezzo (Carnia, North Friaul, Udine Provinz, Italy), splinter 1945.
With him the Cossack Ataman Krassnoff and Domanov.

From an article of Jannuzzi A. - Copyright Museum of Lubiana.

Bergmolch

Re: Thanks

Post by Bergmolch » 20 Oct 2006 11:10

SS-Gruppenfuehrer Rosener awarding Slowenischer Domobranc Oberleutnant Furlan with BKA in North Slovenia, 44-45.

From an article of Jannuzzi A. - Copyright Museum of Lubiana.

coburg22

Anti-Partisan Badge in wear

Post by coburg22 » 21 Oct 2006 05:57

I just wanted to add a photo suggestion to all those interested in the Anti-
Partisan War Badge in wear. There is a nice clear photo of Waffen-Brigade-
fuhrer Bronislav Kaminski wearing the bronze class on page 155 in "SS:
Hitler's Foreign Divisions" by Chris Bishop.

Return to “Axis Awards”