High Grade Awards

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Ludwig

The Iron Time

Post by Ludwig » 03 Apr 2002, 10:13

About The Iron Time.
I didn´t say I didn´ t like it. I do like it. I know there is no book without any faults or mistakes.
And this book does have some (I keep to the WW2 part):
Page 241. Not original 1939 Clasp 2nd class to the 1914 Iron Cross
Page 262. Badges OK, but engravings are not original. No chance a German should forget to engrave the two dots that shall be above the U in the word Fuhrer.
Page 283. Not original Navy Honor Roll Clasp.
Page 288 lower right. That is not a Jucker-made KC.
Page 289. At least two of the pictures are manipulated.
Page 306-307. Written as if von Schroeter only got the KC made of an IC2 and nothing else, but on page 425 he can be seen wearing a standard KC. Of course von Schroeter noticed the difference.
Page 310-311. KC marked L/12 but that is not a Juncker-made cross.
Page 323. That is not an originial OL. Compare Kemnade´s OLs with very unsharp details to the very nice original of von Boddien on pagees 312-313. I guess some German collector swapped OLs as Mr. Kemnade turned around.
Page 350 Lower right picture is turned around.
Further more there is no comment about the very rare type of cross on page 363. No comments about Zimmermann-made crosses or Schickle-crosses.
Still I think it´s the best book about ICs and KCs and I am really looking forward to see the 2nd revised edition and I hope Mr.Previtera is working on it.
And, Mr.Stump, is it a besmirching remark to say there are mistakes? And I don´t know much of your collecting, but I have noticed that you "correct" fellow collectors in a rather unfriendly way when you think you are right. I can´t imagine that beginners feel very comfortable and welcomed into this area when they read your comments. Why don´t you use your 50 years of collecting to create an interest instead of playing the king on top of the hill not listening to what other people have to say. Just because I have been collecting for only 30 years doesn´t mean I haven´t seen things you have never seen, met people you have never met and so on.

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

FOR PROFESSOR LUDWIGGIE

Post by WCSTUMP » 03 Apr 2002, 20:40

YOU WROTE,"And, Mr.Stump, is it a besmirching remark to say there are mistakes? And I don´t know much of your collecting, but I have noticed that you "correct" fellow collectors in a rather unfriendly way when you think you are right. I can´t imagine that beginners feel very comfortable and welcomed into this area when they read your comments. Why don´t you use your 50 years of collecting to create an interest instead of playing the king on top of the hill not listening to what other people have to say. Just because I have been collecting for only 30 years doesn´t mean I haven´t seen things you have never seen, met people you have never met and so on."

1. I have been known to lack tact, finesse, am crude at times. I admit this.

2. That "I "correct" fellow collectors in a rather unfriendly way" is not true as I don't correct anyone. I am not their mother, father or teacher. I am not the Lord of the Manor, King of the hill, but just a PEON of the masses.

3. As per young collectors I always go out of my way to assist with what information I may THINK I know. I always say that I am not an expert, few if any exist, and young Ludwiggie, follow Robert Ripley's advise about anything I say. BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!!

4. I don't need advise as how to express my thoughts. If one doesn't agree, that is their prerogative, BUT I don't need some critic who was crapping yellow when I was out busting my arse collecting, learning and researching telling me what I should or should not do. In a nut shell, keep your opinions about me to yourself because I don't give a tinker's damn what you think. GET IT? DIG IT? Or as my dear departed granny would say, PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT BIG BOY.

Ant!

Post by Ant! » 04 Apr 2002, 01:43

To WCSTUMP,

Let me know if your interested in selling or trading an observer badge with diamonds or other high end pieces. I do not communicate with many other collectors so do not here when such things surface. Iacquire high end third reich militaria. I would love to here what more have. And be most willing to share what I have collected.

Karl

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

NOTHING FOR SALE

Post by WCSTUMP » 04 Apr 2002, 01:54

I am afraid that I no longer own anything as I sold my items years ago to my ex-wife when I thought I was going to die of heart failure in 1996. I received a heart transplant and didn't die and she now owns everything I had. She lets me look at them ocassionally. If you will email me I can tell you what she has and may sell in the VERY high end items IF the price is right.

Return to “Axis Awards”