Führerbunker pictures thread

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
sinatra1989

Re: führerbunker pictures forum

Post by sinatra1989 » 30 Apr 2008 13:09

well I'm not sure if they exist either- i just thought if they did, surely someone in this forum would know about them? and in relation to the pic of the children- it was merely the interest that the room would be shown if this pic existed- as i know of no other pics showing the room before the bunker was filled in.

anyone else know anything??

thanks.

ghostsoldier
Financial supporter

Post by ghostsoldier » 30 Apr 2008 20:47

sinatra1989 wrote:well I'm not sure if they exist either- i just thought if they did, surely someone in this forum would know about them? and in relation to the pic of the children- it was merely the interest that the room would be shown if this pic existed- as i know of no other pics showing the room before the bunker was filled in.

anyone else know anything??

thanks.
Sinatra,
That was my thread in the other section of the forum. I, too, am interested in seeing those pics, if they exist. I believe several members were doing some research into that book that was mentioned; it's plausible to think the Russians would have documented everything they found when they arrived in the bunker.

Wanderer,
The desire to see those pics is no more "sick" than looking at photos of holocaust victims...I understand it's your opinion, but 'nobody asked you' for it; in our defense (not that I need to), our interest is purely historical (at least for me, anyway), as I am always looking for info and photos that I've never seen before, for my collection. Sorry, but I take offence at the suggestion we are "sick"....it strikes a nerve in me.
Rob
"Even God cannot change the past. "
-Agathon (448 BC - 400 BC)

sinatra1989

Post by sinatra1989 » 01 May 2008 07:37

Thank you Ghostsoldier, the comment of being labelled sick also offended me slightly. The fact that other pics of inside the bunker may exist is of great interest to me and so that is why i asked other people to help with finding those pics I've never seen.

And i also strongly agree that there are some other photos, that the russians would have taken, Im certain of it.

Something else quite interesting- I met with Rochus Misch back in March this year at his home and when I mentioned the bunker, he tried to find some photos but unfortunately did not know where they were?? perhaps he has others- Im not too sure but he did try to find pictures.

Thanks.

sobel
Financial supporter

Post by sobel » 01 May 2008 09:16

Cor wrote:
sinatra1989 wrote:Can anyone help me in regards to a couple of bunker photos- i have spoken to someone in a different thread- discussing hans Krebs and the Goebbels children in the bunker. Apparently there are photos of 1) Hans Krebs dead INSIDE the bunker, in the corridor. and 2) Of the Goebbels children dead, still in their beds? The hans krebs pic may be in a red hardback book published before the 70's??

Surely one of us must be able to find these pictures or has seen them as well?

I hope someone can help!

Thanks.
I don't think these pictures exist, but if so i'm interested of course. But if they exist, they we're already showed here in my opinion.
Since it was me who claimed in the other thread to have seen these photo's, I can confirm that they do exist, the photo of the children in their beds in the bunker has also been seen by Potsdammerplatz, as confirmed by him in the other thread, so it can't be my imagination. Unfortunateley the only problem I have is that it was over thirty years ago and it is now difficult to positively identify which publication or publications they were in. I cannot state that they were in the same book. Also as commented earlier, it seems inconceivable that the Soviets when entering the bunker did not take photographic records of what they found, either officially or unofficially. There must be many unseen photo's in the Russian archives, it just needs someoe to research them, who knows what they will find.

regards

Sobel

Cor

Post by Cor » 01 May 2008 13:36

The Wanderer wrote:err why would you want pictures of dead children as thats a bit sick if you ask me
I think most of the people here are more interested in the room than in the dead children, so why is it sick to you that people are interested in that.

And to Sobel, i don't say i don't believe you, as a matter of fact I believe you but it looks strange to me that those pictures never are shown here or in a book about the subject.

Reichssammler

Post by Reichssammler » 01 May 2008 14:23

Personaly I can say that I have never seen such pictures, but I can say that this pictures exists because it´s only a logical fact that the russians photographed so many things for the future...this pictures are still in russian archives I believe.

sobel
Financial supporter

Post by sobel » 01 May 2008 16:16

Cor wrote:
The Wanderer wrote:err why would you want pictures of dead children as thats a bit sick if you ask me
I think most of the people here are more interested in the room than in the dead children, so why is it sick to you that people are interested in that.

And to Sobel, i don't say i don't believe you, as a matter of fact I believe you but it looks strange to me that those pictures never are shown here or in a book about the subject.
I agree, the pictures of the unfortunate children are really secondary in this situation, sad though it may seem, This thread and the general interest is in the underground complex which did become a tomb for many, together with the mind-set of the people who occupied it in the latter stages of the war. To those interested in this, it is very much a case of understanding the physical nature of the place. Those interested in necromancy can I'm sure find many sites which cater for this, this is not one of them. As with many "Mysteries" the more the details are hidden/unknown, the greater the intrigue

regards

Sobel

ghostsoldier
Financial supporter

Post by ghostsoldier » 01 May 2008 20:07

I concure with these points you gentlemen are making. One of the main reasons for wanting to see the "missing" photographs (for me personally), is to compare/validify the "reality" of the bunker layout (in regards to the corpses) that moviemakers have portrayed in the insuing years, i.e., "Downfall/Untergang", The History Channel documentaries, etc., as well as suppliment/validify the accounts of eyewitnesses (after all, it's been almost 64 years ago). Was Krebs really in a chair when he shot himself? Were the Goebbels' children really in the order of repose as seen in these movies? Did Joseph Goebbels really shoot Magda? I know many people may say. "Who cares? It's just a movie"....but, it's the same concept as if Captain Miller were seen storming Omaha Beach with an M-16 in "Saving Private Ryan"...I would like to know if it is correct, and more importantly, the world needs to know the truth of the details; historically-portrayed mistakes, whether glaring or subtle, should still be rectified if at all possible.

The Russians have those photos, I am certain....it was in their nature to hoard evidence. Just as they "released" the photos of Hitler's bedroom and various rooms in the bunker (as it was proof of the "coup", so to speak), they most certainly have photos in their possession showing the scenes inside, immediately after securing the bunker. Remember, it was years later they actually agreed to show the world the teeth, skull fragments, and various secret evidence of the Hitlers/Goebbels' deaths....secretive being the operative word here...and we all know how 'cooperative' the Russians were after the war was over... :wink:
Rob
(Personally, given their propensity for misleading the world, I'm not convinced the Russians actually cremated and scattered the remains of Hitler and Company as they claimed to have done...but, that's ANOTHER thread entirely! :D )

Cor

Post by Cor » 01 May 2008 21:32

I'm also convinced that the Russians have a sort of reconstruction of the last days of Hitler and the Bunker with the persons involved. I have read somewhere that the Russians made such a movie in with the (german)prisoners they have taken in the summer of 1946.

Personally I think that must be the ultimate footage of the bunker

b14ck
Banned

Post by b14ck » 01 May 2008 21:47

Cor wrote:I'm also convinced that the Russians have a sort of reconstruction of the last days of Hitler and the Bunker with the persons involved. I have read somewhere that the Russians made such a movie in with the (german)prisoners they have taken in the summer of 1946.

i've seen stills from this reconstruction and you can clearly see Otto Günsche taking part.

sinatra1989

Post by sinatra1989 » 02 May 2008 07:21

b14ck wrote:
Cor wrote:I'm also convinced that the Russians have a sort of reconstruction of the last days of Hitler and the Bunker with the persons involved. I have read somewhere that the Russians made such a movie in with the (german)prisoners they have taken in the summer of 1946.

i've seen stills from this reconstruction and you can clearly see Otto Günsche taking part.

may i ask where you have seen these stills? i have only seen one from it.

thanks.

sobel
Financial supporter

Post by sobel » 02 May 2008 08:41

sinatra1989 wrote:
b14ck wrote:

thanks.
I believe that this is one

regards

Sobel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cor

Post by Cor » 02 May 2008 12:05

I alway thought this was a still from a Russian movie called Osvobozhdenie. And where can you recognise Gunsche?

Here 3 pictures i found on the internet

Are there bigger versions of these pictures?

b14ck
Banned

Post by b14ck » 02 May 2008 16:35

sinatra1989 wrote:
b14ck wrote:

thanks.
i've seen them on a documentary i have, if i remember right it was the 1946 visit to the bunker by Otto Günsche and Heinze Linge as POW's to investigate if Hitler did shoot himself or just took cyanide.

ghostsoldier
Financial supporter

Post by ghostsoldier » 02 May 2008 17:10

Cor...the first two photos I have seen before (but not in a larger format - the first one looks like the Driver Bunker interior perhaps?)...the last photo is intriguing...I hope someone has a larger version to post! :D
Rob

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”