Looking for info on Polish pilot Wladyslaw Zigmund Nowak

Discussions on all aspects of Poland during the Second Polish Republic and the Second World War. Hosted by Piotr Kapuscinski.
Thermal

Looking for info on Polish pilot Wladyslaw Zigmund Nowak

Post by Thermal » 27 Nov 2008, 14:34

Hi there,

I´m looking for any information you might have an a Polish officer (rank unknown) named Wladyslaw Zigmund Nowak (his middle name is sometimes spelled as Sigmund) .

He is the nephew of (and named after) the better known F/O Wladyslaw Nowak who downed a He-111 in the night of 10-11 may 1941 while flying for no.306 sqn.

So there should be 2 Wladyslaw Nowak´s in the Polish records.

The Nowak I´m looking for was based at RAF Northolt at some time in the war (so possibly 303, 306, 315 or 316 sqn??)
All I know is that he flew Spitfires so there for I assume he joined an operational squadron after mid 1941. He survived the war and stayed in the UK until his death some years ago.

Sorry for the fact that I can not provide more info on places and dates. Any help would be appreciated. The man in question is the father of a friend of mine and she does not really know a lot about his wartime experiences since she was rather young when he died.

Thanks a million

Anton

henryk

Re: Looking for info on Polish pilot Wladyslaw Zigmund Nowak

Post by henryk » 27 Nov 2008, 20:47

In Polish: Władysław Zygmunt Nowak.

Anorei

Post by Anorei » 26 Feb 2023, 12:07

Hi,

It’s pretty interesting to read about you’ve been trying to find details about someone, which you can’t provide absolutely no details about other than that they were nephew of someone, who’s details you could advise correctly….since they are available on the internet;)
No other info is there being provided by you whatsoever…..hmm. That’s slightly puzzling to be honest, and stinks with an imposter by a mile.

Squadron Leader Wladyslaw Nowak was my family, and I’m not aware of any instances of duplication of the same name and surname in this particular family….he’s got nothing in common with Mr Sigmund Nowak, and I don’t think it’s a morally succinct practice to attempt to derive from someone else’s achievements to gain something for yourself in such an unsolicited and fraudulent manner.

I wish you find heroes in your own family, rather than pursuing in someone else’s. Take care

gebhk

Post by gebhk » 26 Feb 2023, 23:38

The obvious place to start is MOD Military Records (Polish Section):
APC Polish Enquires
Building 1
RAF Northholt, West End Road
Ruislip
Middlesex
HA4 6NG

e: [email protected]
or
[email protected]

tel: 0208 833 8603

Empiricist

Post by Empiricist » 27 Feb 2023, 16:44

Thermal wrote:
27 Nov 2008, 14:34
Hi there,

I´m looking for any information you might have an a Polish officer (rank unknown) named Wladyslaw Zigmund Nowak (his middle name is sometimes spelled as Sigmund) .

He is the nephew of (and named after) the better known F/O Wladyslaw Nowak who downed a He-111 in the night of 10-11 may 1941 while flying for no.306 sqn.

So there should be 2 Wladyslaw Nowak´s in the Polish records.

The Nowak I´m looking for was based at RAF Northolt at some time in the war (so possibly 303, 306, 315 or 316 sqn??)
All I know is that he flew Spitfires so there for I assume he joined an operational squadron after mid 1941. He survived the war and stayed in the UK until his death some years ago.

Sorry for the fact that I can not provide more info on places and dates. Any help would be appreciated. The man in question is the father of a friend of mine and she does not really know a lot about his wartime experiences since she was rather young when he died.

Thanks a million

Anton
Władysław Zygmunt Nowak
born - June 4th, 1919
place of birth - Czerniowce, Romania (Ukraine today)
military speciality - pilot
Polish Air Force rank - Sergeant
RAF rank - Warrant Officer
RAF service number - 781512

Enter please this website https://listakrzystka.pl/blank_page.html and clik the link over there to download PDF file. Władysław Zygmunt Nowak is on page 384.

Return to “Poland 1919-1945”