1. Infanterie-Division June 15 to June 22 1940

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
le.gennois

1. Infanterie-Division June 15 to June 22 1940

Post by le.gennois » 21 Feb 2009, 16:42

Good morning,

J'ai découvert Axis History en recherchant des renseignements sur la 1. Infanterie-Division.

Je suis très intéressé par cette 1. Infanterie-Division qui a fait la campagne de l'ouest en 1940 (campagne de France).
Je recherche pour la période du 15 juin 1940 au 22 juin 1940 :
a/ les villes et villages traversés lors de ces journées par cette unité ?
b/ les officiers, sous-officiers et soldats (nominatifs si possible pour les officiers et sous-officiers)
- nombre de tués ?
- nombre de blessés ?
- nombre de disparus ?

c/ L'organisation de cette 1. Infanterie-Division en Juin 1940.

Merci de votre contribution à ma recherche d'information
A bientôt de vous lire.
Best regards

le.gennois

Re: Let's Build: 1. Infanterie-Division

Post by le.gennois » 21 Feb 2009, 17:33

Good Morning,
I discovered Axis History by seeking information on the 1. Infantry-division.
I am very interested by this 1. Infantry-division which made the campaing of the west in 1940 (campagne de France).
I seek for the period of June 15, 1940 to June 22, 1940:
a/ cities and villages crossed at the time of these days by this unit?
b/ officers, NCO and soldiers (personal if possible for the officers and NCO)
- a number of killed?
- a number of casualties?
- a number of disappeared?
c/ The organization from this 1. Infantry-division in June 1940.
Thank you for your contribution to my search for information
A to read you soon.
With kindest regard's

(I am French, my English is not perfect, I use a software of translation)

Bernd R

Re: 1. Infanterie Division June 15 to June 22 1940

Post by Bernd R » 22 Feb 2009, 00:21

le.gennois, welcome to the forum !
I have splitted off you post(s) from where you posted (it's more for gathering secure data there) to this forum. Added a new topic title. Better chance for replies here.

regards,
Bernd / Moderator

Baldrick

Re: 1. Infanterie-Division June 15 to June 22 1940

Post by Baldrick » 25 Feb 2009, 08:54

Hello,

this is from the history of IR 1 by R. von Tycowicz:

Cheers,

Ralf

le.gennois

Post by le.gennois » 04 Mar 2009, 11:58

Hello,
Thank you, for the charts of the course of the 1. Infantry-division.

le.gennois
Hello,
I do not see the passage of the 1. Infantry-division by Saumur and Longué.

I had information "that the 14.Pz.Ig.Kp. from the 22. Infantry-regiment would have fought on June 19, 1940 and on June 20, 1940 in the Rosiers-on-Loire (close to Longué)".
This commune of Longué is quoted on the site:

http://www.balsi.de/Weltkrieg/Einheiten ... ionen/1.ID.

Moreover, on the chart one reads that on June 19, 1940, it is Monmirail.

This regiment with perhaps separated from the 1. Infantry-division?
You have information on the 1. Infantry-regiment and 43. Infantry-regiment?
Thank you for your contribution to my search for information
A to read you soon.
With kindest regard's

Baldrick

Post by Baldrick » 05 Mar 2009, 10:27

Hello le. Gennois

Regarding the fighting in les Rosiers here is a summary from two books:

The 1. ID received the order to reach and cross the River Loire east of Angers as soon as possible. The idea behind that was that the Germans don´t want to give the French the time to build up new defence positions. Therefore a mixed advance commando (Vorausabteilung) consisting of elements from each unit of the division was formed. Their task was to take the bridge at les Rosiers by surprise. They where mobilized with trucks and bicycles (most of the bicycles had been confiscated) and left the division on the 18th of June. Just before they reached the Loire the bridge was blown up. During the next day the advance commando, after heavy fighting, was able to build a bridgehead on the south banks. The main parts of the enemy forces where from the cavalry school of Samur. The first and second battailon of Infanterie Regiment 22 reached the area in the evening of the 19th as reinforcements. For the next day the German forces planned an attack, but it was canceled as the French retreated from the south banks of the river and withdrew their troops.
The rest of the division crossed the Loire 20 km east of Saumur (le Port Boulet) in the early hours of the 23th of June.

Source:

Richter, Werner, "Die 1. (ostpreussische) Infanterie – Division”, München, 1975 and
von Tycowicz, Rudolf, „Das Infanterie-Regiment 1“, München, 1966

Here is the only picture I found in my collection regarding the Loire crossing. It is from 6th company IR 22. I suppose that they where part of the reinforcements. On the backside it says: Crossing the Loire with pontons.

all the best,

Ralf

le.gennois

Post by le.gennois » 11 Mar 2009, 13:46

Hello Baldrick,

Thank you, for the photograph and information.
You have the elements of the 1. I.D. who composed this advanced detachment before the arrival of battalions I and II? its armaments?
Which are the means of fire of battalions I and II of the infantry-regiment 22?
The church tower could not be destroyed (see photo) only by guns [1]:
- 14.Pz.Jg.Kp, armaments: 12 anti-tank guns of 37 m/m.
- or of the 13.IG.Kp, armaments: 6 guns of 7,5 cm and 2 heavy guns of 15 cm
- or by Artillery-Regiment 1, armament: 12 guns of 10,5 cm
These companies (14.Pz.Jg.Kp and 13.IG.Kp) and Artillery-regiment 1. were they present 19 June and on June 20, 1940 at the Rosiers ?
The companies (14.Pz.Jg.Kp and 13.IG.Kp) were they motorized, as well as Artillery-regiment 1?
Were their armaments tractor drawn?

Obertleutnant von Engel, 6. /(R.) A.R.1), in its newspaper of the 19.6.1940,
"Leider vergeblich! Auch die Meldung der 11. Division, das bei Les Rosiers, 10 km stromabwärts, die Brücke über die the Loire unzerstört sei, erweist sich als falsch".
You have information on presence 11. Infantry-division in the surroundings of Saumur?

For the books "source", it will be difficult for me to find them in France.

[1] The church tower is the point in the center of the horizon of the photograph which joined.

At to read you soon
With Kindest regards

clocher St Eusèbe 1940.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
clocher St Eusèbe 1940.jpg
Le clocher de St Eusèbe détruit en juin 1940
clocher St Eusèbe 1940.jpg (15.07 KiB) Viewed 3682 times

le.gennois

Post by le.gennois » 05 May 2009, 10:49

Hello le.gennois,
I am sorry but I have no more informations about the 15. - 22. June at the moment. But I can tell you that I am planning to visit the Bundesarchiv in the nearer future. There are some records from the 1. Infanterie-Division regarding the time in question. When I am there I will have a look at them. Perhaps you can send me your Email adress or you can send me a message like this in May/June.
All the best,
Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Baldrick Ralf

I am answering to your message received on March 13, 2009.
I come back on my questions of March 11, 2009:
1/ Which are the elements of the 1. I.D which composed this advanced detachment before the arrival of battalions I and II with the Les ROSIERS and which were its arms? ?
2/ Which are the weapons of battalions I and II of the infantry-regiment 22?
3/ The church tower could not be destroyed (see the photograph sent on March 11, 2009) except by guns of more large gauge than those of the 14. Pz.Jg.Kp, (weapons: 12 gun-anti-tank device of 37 m/m)?
3a /Perhaps by those of the 13. IG.Kp, (weapons: 6 guns of 7.5 cm - 2 heavy guns of 15 cm)?
3b /or by Artillery-Regiment 1, (weapons: 12 guns of 10.5 cm). ?
3c / Companies (14. Pz.Jg.Kp and 13. IG.Kp) and Artillery-regiment 1. Do you know if these companies & regiment were located in Les ROSIERS on June 19 and on June 20, 1940 ?
3d / Companies (14. Pz.Jg.Kp, 13 .IG.Kp and Artillery-regiment 1.), do you know if they were motorized or towed by horses?
4/ I read in "Axis History Forum - View topic - Let' S Build: 1. Infantry Division ", the message of Tom Nutter of July 28, 2005. "Snapshots from the French campaign".
Would it be possible for you to get the same Snapshots for the Infantry Regiment 22 and send them to me.
Please can you fill the missing information (?)
Casualties 19 June 20, 1940.
KIA ?
WIA ?
MIA ?
Officer casualties same period
KIA ?
WIA ?
MIA ?
Weapons same period ?
Vehicles same period ?
Personnel same period ?
Offz.?
Uffz.?
Mannsch ?

Have a nice trip and profitable query.
I will be pleased to read you soon
Best Regards

E-mail : [email protected]

Tom Nutter

Post by Tom Nutter » 06 May 2009, 01:56

Hello le gennois:

I happened to see this thread while reviewing the board index.

I have the 1.ID records for this period, and as far as I know, there are not separate records for the three regiments.

I will pull my files and see whether the records will provide information with which to answer your questions.

Best regards.

Tom

Tom Nutter

Post by Tom Nutter » 07 May 2009, 01:31

le.gennois:

The period about which you are interested comprises about 100+ pages of documents, including maps.It is possible that there are gaps, because the archive that contained these records (Heeresarchiv Potsdam) burned on the night of February 27-28, 1942. While the Hauptmann in charge of the archive at that time specifically declined to take responsibility for the accuracy of the records that were recovered, from what I can tell they seem to be fairly complete.

To begin with, you might be interested in a strength report issued by 43.IR on June 15, 1940. The regiment provided the report directly to I.A.K., to which 1.ID was currently assigned. On that date, the regiment reported that it was short a total of 888 men (39 Offz., 74 Uffz. and 775 Mannsch.). This was largely due to the fact that during the period from May 16, 1940 to June 15, 1940, the regiment lost 837 men in combat, (12 Offz., 36 Uffz. and 146 Mannsch. KIA, 19 Offz., 85 Uffz., and 527 Mannsch. WIA, 9 Mannsch. missing).

On the reporting date,the regiment was also short 33 Seitengewehr 98, 255 Kar. 98, 172 Pistolen 08, 38 MG 34, 363 Masch.Pist., 53 Panz.Buschse, 4 Gr.W.36 and 1 I.G. 18 .

The regiment was also short 34 motor vehicles.

This is probably not exactly what you are after, but I wanted to give you an idea of the level of detail in the records. This particular document is the first one in the file dated June 15, 1940. I'll look for the specific information in which you are interested and get back shortly. Tom

Tom Nutter

Post by Tom Nutter » 10 May 2009, 05:09

le gennois:

Les Rosiers is not mentioned in any of the typewritten documents in the KTB of 1.I.D. for the period in which you are interested. There are three hand-written documents in which Les Rosiers is mentioned; however, all three of these hand-written documents are unintelligible owing to the handwriting of the author(s). It is possible to understand "Les Rosiers" on the hand-written documents, probably because it is a place name. Most of the other words, however, are illegible.

There were two occasions during the time period in which you have interest when fairly sizeable Vorausabteilungen were created by an order from I.A.K., although I reiterate that Les Rosiers is not mentioned in either such order. The first occasion was June 18, 1940, when the Korps issued its "Korpsbefehl fuer die Inbesitznahme der Loirebruecken" at 2200 hours. The VAA from 11.I.D. was under the command of the Kdr., A.R. 11, and consisted of:
Stab A.R.11
Stab. Pi.11
Radf.Kp'n I.R.2, 23, 44
3.(mot.)/Pi.11
Pz.Jaeg.Abt.11
IV./A.R.256 (less one battery)
Li.Moss-Tr.B.Abt.4 (not sure what this was)
Kr.Kw'n 11.Div.

the VAA of 1.I.D. was led by the Kdr.A.A.1, and included:
4 Radf.Kp'n
1 Schtz.Kp.(mot.)
schw.Schwadr. A.A.1
1 Pz.Jaeg.Kp.
2 1.I.G. (mot.)
1 Inf.Pi.Zug (mot.)
1 Bttr.IV./A.R.256
Teile N.1
Kr.Kw'n 1.Div.

The second occasion was on June 21, 1940 at 2345 hours, when the Korps issued "Korpsbefehl fuer den Einsatz der Vorausabteilungen I.A.K."

The first VAA was under Oberst Rauch, Kdr. I.R.2, and consisted of:
Stab. I.R.2 (mot.) mit Funkstelle 11.Div.
Pz.Jaeg.Abt.670, 1.K.D.
Radf.Abt.1, 1.K.D.
Radf.Btl.402, 1.K.D.
Radf.Btl. 11.Div.
3.(mot)/Pi.11
s.III./A.R.111(Mot.)
7.r.A.R.1 (10 cm. mot.)
Teile N.11 (mot.)
5 Kr.Kw. 11.Div.
1 Gruppe Feldgend. 11.Div.
Teile B.Abt.4

The second VAA was under the leadership of Oberst Burdach, Art.Kdr.123, and included:
Stab.Artl.Kdr.123 mit Funkstelle 1.Div.
1 Kav.Abt.Stab (mot.)
1 Kp.(mot.) aus B.Abt.4
1 Schtz.Kp. (mot.) 1.Div.
1 Pi.Kp. (mot.) 1.Div.
1 schw.Schwadr. 1.K.D.
s.Artl.Abt. (mot.) 602 (2 s.F.H., 1 10 cm Bttr.)
Flak-Abt. 1K.D.
Pz.Jaeg.Abt. 1.Div.(2 Kp'n)
Teile B.Abt.4
[# illegible] Kr.Kw. 1.Div.
[# illegible] Kradmelder 1.Div.
5 Kradmelder 11.Div.
1 Gruppe Feldgend. 1.Div.

Unfortunately, there is no information in the records as to the weapons these units possessed, casualties suffered, identities of soldiers, etc. It could be that this data will come to light further into the documents. If it does, I will put the information here.

Best regards.
Tom

le.gennois

Post by le.gennois » 13 May 2009, 16:16

Hello Tom Nutter
Additional information:
1. Infanterie-Division
Friedrich der Große, Ostpreußen
Wehrgauleitung Königsberg, Artillerieführer I
09-16/06/1940: Venne sottoposta al I. Armee-Korps della 4. Armee (HG B) con cui avanzò nella SOMME e nella LOIRA (Loire). Partì da BAVAI-DOUAI, passando a nord di CAMBRAI, avanzò in direzione AMIENS-BEAUVAIS sulla LOIRA. Combatté poi presso LONGUE e SAUMUR, attraversano la LOIRA a CHINON, e arrivando fino ai PIRENEI al confine con la SPAGNA.
Note: LONGUE is 10 km from the Les ROSIERS

VAA = Vorausabteilung . OK ?

Best regards.

Le.gennois
Attachments
LONGUE-(map).jpg
LONGUE-(map).jpg (77.35 KiB) Viewed 3242 times
Franchissement Loire 1a.jpg
Franchissement Loire 1a.jpg (122.29 KiB) Viewed 3241 times

Tom Nutter

Post by Tom Nutter » 08 Jun 2009, 03:24

Hello le gennois:

in my post of May 10, 2009, I mentioned that there were three hand-written documents in the KTB of 1I.D. that refer to Les Rosiers. I could not read them because of the handwriting. In the meantime, however, I sent them to Ralf (Baldrick), and he was kind enough to decipher them for me. With his permission, I am setting out his notes on those documents below. I have included some explanatory notes in brackets.
Document Number 325 [Number 325 is the frame number on the first reel of microfilm for 1I.D. from NARA; other frame numbers are identified below] is a memo of Leutnant Bendig where he made some notes about important points to which he should pay his attention to when he is in Les Rosiers. It is without a date but I would assume that Leutnant Bendig was part of the reinforcement as the bridgehead (point 3) has already been created.

Lt. Bendig

1. Übersetzen nur mit den dort befindlichen Mitteln. Pionierkp. [Pionierkompanie] erst heute nachmittag [illegible] der 1. Inf. Div. unterstellt.

2. Allgemeine Stoßrichtung der K.Di. [Kavallerie Division] von Saumur aus nicht bekannt.

3. Es ist unter allen Umständen ein stärkerer Brückenkopf bei Gennes zu bilden. [illegible] noch [illegible] erwünscht. (siehe Befehl)

4. die Div- Kln. [Kolonne?] trifft spätestens 8:00 Uhr bei Les Rosiers ein.
Document Number 345 is an order from the Ia of the division (signed: Steffler) to the commanding officer of 2./Panzerjägerabteilung 1, saying that the company has to move to Allounes. It looks to me that therefore an earlier order was withdrawn.

Ia ,11.20 Uhr, Divisionsstabqu[artier] 22.06.

An: Führer 2./Panzerjäger Abtlg. 1

1. 2. Kompanie tritt nicht zur Vorausabteilung Burdach.

2. Die Kompanie ist sofort mit allen Teilen bei les Rosiers zu sammeln. Sie wird dem Gen.Kdo. I A.K. unterstellt.

3. Die Kompanie tritt nach beendeter Versammlung von Rosiers über Longue nach Allounes (8 km NO Saumur) an und meldet sich dort beim Kdr. [Kommandeur] des Korps Haupt. Dorthin 1 Offz. [Offizier] voraus, der voraussichtliches Eintreffen der Komp[anie] im [illegible] meldet.

Ia Steffler
The document with the Numbers 322, 323 and 324 consists of three sheets of a Meldeblock , a standard form for dispatches. It was written in Les Rosiers on the 21.06. at 00:30 hours and was received in [illegible] the same night at 02:00 hours. The addressee was the 1. I.D. and the sender was Rittmeister Freiherr von Seherr-Thoss who was the CO of Divisions-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 1. I am not sure weather he was the commanding officer of the Vorausabteilung, I would say that the abbreviation under his name means Abt.-Kdeur [Abteilungs-Kommandeur].

I have to admit that this document is a little difficult to translate because of the Kurrentschrift. At this moment I can read half of it but unfortunately it will take a little more time to get the complete text, but I can say that Rittmeister von Sehrr-Thoss reports about his situation, the tactical plans for the next day, the casualties and he asked for a order to change the leaderchip to a Oberstleutnant.
The message [document Nos. 322, 323 and 324 referred to above] was written by the commanding officer of the Vorauskommando , Rittmeister Freiherr von Seherr-Thoss who usually was the CO of the Divisions-Aufklärungs-Abteilung.
It contains a situation report, the casualties, the plans for the next day and he finally asked for an order to hand over the command to the leader of the reinforcement Oberstleutnant Knobelspieß.

LesRosiers/ 21.06./ 00:30 Uhr

Unknown place/ 21.06.40/ 02:00 Uhr

1) Feindwiderstand gleich geblieben.
Nach Rückfragen eines gefangengenommenen Elsässers (Zivilberuf: Richter) zahlreiche ?. (illegible) G. IS im Ort Gennes und oberhalb. Feind zeigt keine Waffen, ist außerordentlich geschickt getarnt und verschwindet bei Beschuß in Wechselstellungen.

2) Auf Südufer bei Chateau nordwestlich Gennes, nur 1 eigener stärkerer (illegible)-trupp hinübergekommen.

3) Verluste:
Leutnant Odermann (7./ I.R. 22)
Leutnant von (illegible) -George (2. / Div. A.A. 1)
2 Unteroffiziere und 13 Mann gefallen.

4) Geplante Angriffsführung für morgigen Tag:
Aufbau des Feuerschutzes mit allen schweren Waffen der Voraus-Abteilung und des Infanterie-Bataillons. Nach Inbesitznahme des Südufers, Übersetzen des Infanterie-Bataillons, das gegebenenfalls bei stärkerem Widerstand aus der Tiefe über Voraus-Abteilung (hinaus?) stößt und zunächst Höhe 83, westsüdwestlich Gennes in Besitz nimmt. Geplanter Angriffsbeginn 7:00 Uhr.

5) Letzte Schützen-Kompanie des Infanterie-Bataillons unterwegs, wird gegen 0:30 Uhr hier eintreffen.

6) Erbitte Befehl für Übernahme der Führung aller Kräfte durch Oberstleutnant Knobelspieß.

Freiherr v. Seherr-Thoss
Rittmeister und Abteilungs Kommandeur

According to the history of the 1. I.D. (Richter, Die 1. (ostpreussische) Infanterie-Division, München, 1975), the Vorauskommando was reinforced by two battalions (I. and II. battailon) of IR 22 in the evening of the 19.06. The message above gives us an overview about the situation at 00:30 hours on the 20.06.1940. For the next day the German forces planed an attack, but it was later canceled as the French retreated from the south banks of the river and withdrew their troops.
I would assume that the first German detachment that was involved in the surprise attack on the bridge wasnŽt that strong in numbers. It was led by a Rittmeister/Hauptmann who usually commands a company. I would think that the Germans hadnŽt estimated such a resistance at Les Rosiers (just before the ceasefire) and therefore reinforced their troops after the first day when they where still looking for a place to cross the river Loire. Later on, after the French had withdrawn their troops, the Germans had a Vorauskommando or better Kampfgruppe Burdach in the area around Les Rosiers (according to your post at the AHF), maybe to cross the river and follow the French when the bridge at le Port Boulet (20 km east of Saumur) fell into German hands and the division headed for that bridge. Maybe the Vorauskommando Burdach was then disbanded (see order from the Ia to 2./Panzerjägerabteilung).
My thanks to Ralf for his work in deciphering the handwriting for us.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Regards.

Tom

le.gennois

Post by le.gennois » 10 Aug 2009, 10:50

Hello Ralf and Tom Baldrick Nutter,

You have done great research work.
Congratulations.
On reading:
Post by Tom Nutter on 10 May 2009, 05:09,
In the first occasion (18 June 1940, 22:00 pm) there were two VAA:
- of the VAA. 1. I.D,
- of the VAA. 11. I.D.
Elements of the 11. I.D have participated in the attack at Les Rosiers? Do you agree on my thinking?
What I wrote in my post of 11 March 2009, 13:46
(Obertleutnant von Engel, 6. / (R.) AR1), in its newspaper of the 19.6.1940,
"Leider vergeblich! Auch die Meldung der 11. Division, das bei Les Rosiers, 10 km stromabwärts, die Brücke über die the Loire unzerstört sei, sich als falsch erweist”.
The last to stalled with french 23:00 hours on 20 June 1940. The VAA of the second opportunity to 23:45 hours did not intervene in the advance on Gennes. What do you think?
Do you have the disc of 11. I.D.? If so, can you look at the dates of 15 to 22 June 1940, Les Rosiers is written?
Ralf Baldrick Post February 25 2009, 08:54 The passage of 11. I.D., in the country of France? Do not you find it on the hard place of Saint-Mathurin?
In the records of the 1. I.D. and 11. I.D. you of reports, stories, etc.. officers and NCOs for days from 15 to 22 June 1940?
Notes:
Post by Tom Nutter on Today, 03:24.
Second paragraph: NARA?
I. 2. Kompanie tritt nicht zur Vorausabteilung Burdach "and the 15th line of the last paragraph" Maybe the Vorauskommando Burdach was then disbanded (see the order from Ia to 2./Panzer jägerabteilung). " [1 January 1943, the group Burdach is available to the 9th Army. It is composed of the 87 ID, 251 ID, 9th Panzer Division, 1 / 3 of the 6 patie ID and the ID 203
On 23 February 1944, Karl Burdach Leutnant-General of the 11th ID, is decorated with the Croix de Chevalier.]
"6) Erbitte Befehl für Führung der Übernahme aller Kraft durch Oberstleutnant Knobrlspieß"
[Knobrlspieß Lieutenant-Colonel, commanding the 2nd Battalion, 22. Infantry Regiment of the 1. Infantry Division.]
Last paragraph, 14th line the river and follow the French when the bridge at the Port Boulet (20 km east of Saumur) [On 19 June 1940 evening, bridges jump to the first German in Port Boulet except where destruction the absence of specialists in engineering, was poorly prepared. This is where 19 and 20 June, will be fighting [...].

-- images of cycling gear units cyclists.

I enclose a few documents that I think will interest you:
- The J.M.O. (in french) the group of Colonel Pichon, who was opposed to the German advance on Gennes (opposite Les Rosiers).
fichier pdf: JMO - Groupement PICHON (SHAT 34 N3).pdf

- The letter (in French) submitting the report of General Pichon, 25 November 1943 [Very interesting comment at the bottom of page (death of an officer in the 5th column)]
fichier pdf: lettre envoi du rapport du général PICHON.pdf

- A list of soldiers killed in Gennes since 19 june 1940.
fichier pdf: Liste des soldats tués à GENNES depuis le 19 juin 1940.pdf

- Ralf Balrick, I found an old photograph of the bridge for the de Gennes le 19 destroyed in June 1940, at the top of the photo the tower of St Eusèbe.

Thank you for you help.
Best regards.
le.gennois.
Attachments
St-Eusèbe-vue-de-l'île.jpg
Le pont détruit et Saint Eusèbe vue de l'île. Juin 1940.
St-Eusèbe-vue-de-l'île.jpg (194.01 KiB) Viewed 2858 times

le.gennois

Post by le.gennois » 10 Aug 2009, 11:13

I noted in a document SHAT (Service Historique de l’Armée de Terre), Archives of the military Fort of Vincennes, Paris :

1. Infanterie Division
RH 26-1
Führungsabteilung (1a)
Kriegstagebuch 26.8.1939 – 17.9.1940 (fehlt)
Anlagen zum KTB 26.8.1939 - 17.9.1940
1 Bd I : Befehle, Meldungen, Gliederungen 1939 - 1940 (w 3246a) neue signatur RH26-1/1
Karten (Reichagebiet, Frankreich)
2 Bd II : Befehle, Meldungen, Karten (Frankreich) 1940 (w 3246b) neue signatur RH26-1/2
10.6. – 21.9.1940
102 2 Berichte über der Übergang über die Loire 1940 H15-1/9 neue signatur RH26-1/102
103 Fotos vom Einsatz 1940 - 1943 H15-1/10 neue signatur RH26- 1/103 or 1/104

Do you have these documents ?

Best regards
le.gennois

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”