Führerbunker pictures thread

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
ghostsoldier

Re: Führerbunker pictures forum

Post by ghostsoldier » 07 Feb 2012, 05:22

Pics I have never seen before....

I found these on the website http://www.ww2gravestone.com, and I had never seen them before. The picture credit goes to Rochus Misch...unfortunately, this is as large as I can get them.

Does anyone know if these can be found anywhere else in higher definition? I would be interested in seeing a close-up of Hitler's desk and it's collection of ephemera...

Hitler's desk...

Exterior exit views...

Rob
"Even God cannot change the past. "
-Agathon (448 BC - 400 BC)

Cor

Post by Cor » 07 Feb 2012, 11:05

The first pic is a familiar one and i bet you can get a bigger one even on this thread. ive seen it before.

The second one i haven't seen before and has an interesting angle. hope indeed there will be a bigger version of that.

ghostsoldier

Post by ghostsoldier » 08 Feb 2012, 04:04

Cor wrote:The first pic is a familiar one and i bet you can get a bigger one even on this thread. ive seen it before.
Cor...you are correct; I already have that image in my own archive (and larger, too). I've got so many images in my collection, I just didn't remember having it! :wink:
The second one i haven't seen before and has an interesting angle. hope indeed there will be a bigger version of that.
Like you, I haven't seen this one before....I hope to find a larger copy somewhere! :)

Rob

stello

Post by stello » 15 Mar 2012, 15:33

Hello everyone,
according to the research published in the book of Pietro Guido "Fuhrer Bunker - Discovered its mysteries", the remains of the Fuhrer Bunker (and Vorbunker, demolished in 1988) and the Hitler’s pira should be in this position (from Google Earth).
Attachments
FB 2012.jpg
VB, FB and hitler's pira location on Google Earth 3D

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 15 Mar 2012, 18:52

Hi Stello,

Thanks for posting this view - a good overall view. The location is just about right ... perhaps a meter or two closer to the apartment building in back, but pretty close.

Researchers have known for many years, exactly where the Führerbunker was located, but Mr. Guido's book is an interesting compilation.

ghostsoldier

Post by ghostsoldier » 16 Mar 2012, 04:23

Geoff Walden wrote:Hi Stello,
.....but Mr. Guido's book is an interesting compilation.
Quite. :)

Rob

miltoning

Post by miltoning » 14 May 2012, 21:46

Hi, guys, I am new to this. But I got really interested in Führerbunker. I actually have several basic questions and hope that you guys could answer them. I really appreciate it.

My question is about current situation of Führerbunker . 1. Is the vorbunker completely removed? 2. is the ceiling of Führerbunker completely removed but the side walls and floors remained? 3. Where are the furnitures and other stuff in the Führerbunker ??

THANKS A LOT

ghostsoldier

Post by ghostsoldier » 15 May 2012, 04:04

miltoning wrote:Hi, guys, I am new to this. But I got really interested in Führerbunker. I actually have several basic questions and hope that you guys could answer them. I really appreciate it.

My question is about current situation of Führerbunker . 1. Is the vorbunker completely removed? 2. is the ceiling of Führerbunker completely removed but the side walls and floors remained? 3. Where are the furnitures and other stuff in the Führerbunker ??

THANKS A LOT
I'll do my best:

1) Yes, the VB is completely gone.

2) Yes, the ceiling is gone, and from what I understand, all but a few of the exterior walls are gone, but the floor is there.

3) All gone. Be it as spoils of war, soldier bring-back souvenir, government/military seizure (Soviet), discarded/destroyed, museum or private collections, you name it...nothing remains.

Rob

miltoning

Post by miltoning » 16 May 2012, 06:42

ghostsoldier wrote:
miltoning wrote:Hi, guys, I am new to this. But I got really interested in Führerbunker. I actually have several basic questions and hope that you guys could answer them. I really appreciate it.

THANKS A LOT
I'll do my best:

1) Yes, the VB is completely gone.

2) Yes, the ceiling is gone, and from what I understand, all but a few of the exterior walls are gone, but the floor is there.

3) All gone. Be it as spoils of war, soldier bring-back souvenir, government/military seizure (Soviet), discarded/destroyed, museum or private collections, you name it...nothing remains.

Rob
Thank you so much Rob.
That is actually so sad. Almost nothing left. As an important part of the history, I think it should have been reserved. I really want to dig it up to see what is left.

milton

ghostsoldier

Post by ghostsoldier » 30 May 2012, 18:16

I'm afraid you would be disappointed, Milton.
Rob

Marcus

Re: Führerbunker pictures thread

Post by Marcus » 29 Dec 2013, 20:57

Several posts were split off into a new thread: "Führerbunker as a tourist attraction?".

/Marcus

Adam UK
Banned

Post by Adam UK » 09 Feb 2014, 16:10

I have an After the Battle special edition which shows the Führerbunker before and now, I will scan it at some point during the week and upload it.

Reichssammler

Post by Reichssammler » 12 Mar 2014, 20:35

Hey guys,
I couldn´t believe my eyes as I found it. Take a look:
Attachments
stool.jpg
Blood covered.jpg

infinite_one

Post by infinite_one » 27 Oct 2017, 04:42

is it safe to assume that we will never see this model? I am very interested in seeing one done right, preferably with the street entrances.

My sincere apologies for dredging up an old thread, but i thought it would be better to continue this than start anew.
Also, is there a way to stop photobucket from being used? It is a shame that quite a few pictures are unable to be shown because of the flaws with photobucket, especially as we have our own way to post photos permanently on this forum.

thank you

-JXH

AlifRafikKhan

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 27 Oct 2017, 14:06

Agree. Photobucket is :roll:

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”