information about SS-Stubaf. Josef Diefenthal

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
eric7

information about SS-Stubaf. Josef Diefenthal

Post by eric7 » 14 Jul 2013, 00:55

Can someone give me information about SS-Stubaf. Josef Diefenthal under Joachim Peiper, did he pass away and where is he buried?
sincerely
eric
[email protected]
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 14 Jul 2013, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The correct rank is SS-Sturmbannführer and never SS-Major

BramvanS

Re: information about SS-Stubaf. Josef Diefenthal

Post by BramvanS » 14 Jul 2013, 08:46

According to J.P. Moore's Führerliste he died on April 14 2001.

eric7

Post by eric7 » 15 Jul 2013, 22:37

I also wanted to ask where SS-Stubaf. Josef Diefenthal is buried and if in Germany.
eric

eric7

Post by eric7 » 18 Jul 2013, 21:06

\
Does anyone know the names of the American women defense lawyers at the Malmedy war crimes trial, two of them were pretty.
Also I know the American military judges wanted to execute most of the waffen SS soldiers in the Malmedy trial most who were innocent .
why don't German family members of waffen SS solders in that trial sue the U.S government for illegal imprisonment of their fathers for 10 years illegally in prison where brave honest American defense lawyers under Col. Everett had their death sentence changed under false charges.
eric

Harro

Post by Harro » 18 Jul 2013, 22:17

Seems you have to do some basic reading on the Malmédy Trial, preferably by looking up some of the existing topics. I also highly recomment Fatal Crossroads by Danny S. Parker.

BramvanS

Post by BramvanS » 18 Jul 2013, 22:31

I recommend to read the book "Massacre a Malmey" by Gerd Cuppens, which contains details about the trial.

eric7

Post by eric7 » 18 Jul 2013, 23:17

I appreciate the two replies on the Malmedy trial , can the two persons who answered me locate the names of the American women defense lawyers under Col. Everett who defended the SS men from a false trial.
I saw several books on the Malmedy trial that had no names of the American defense women lawyers who fascinate me
eric

Harro

Post by Harro » 18 Jul 2013, 23:32

Jens Westemeier sums it up quite nicely on page 165 of his book on Peiper: "Personified by Burton Ellis and Willis Everett, the prosecution exaggerated the SS crimes, while the defense, against their better knowledge, sought to disprove the overwhelmingly obvious crimes. [...] However, even with the weakness of the Dachau trial, the prosecution clearly proved many SS crimes. For those convicted who were convinced of their innocence, and cold not have been at the scene of the crime, the verdicts led to a view that all accusations were similarly unfounded. Many culprits found protection behind these comrads."

Harro

Post by Harro » 19 Jul 2013, 00:06

Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (39.43 KiB) Viewed 4821 times
http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/ ... report.pdf

Are you sure you're not talking about some of the female interpreters who were present during the trial and are visible in many photos and much of the film footage?

DargesFlyKiller

Post by DargesFlyKiller » 19 Jul 2013, 10:28

Have to echo Harro's recommendation of Danny Parker's excellent 'Fatal Crossroads'.Here's a quote from page 240."Peiper’s infantry-leading protégé at the crossroads,Josef Diefenthal,retired to Euskirchen after the war,refusing all attempts at contact.With a silence seldom broken,He died in April 2001." And also from page 262 from 'The Devil's Adjutant' by Michael Reynolds "Jupp Diefenthal returned to his hometown of Euskirchen after release from Landsberg and worked in the local finance office - his wife refuses to let anyone interview him and he has no contact with his former comrades." So i don't know what your chances would be of finding out where he is buried as he seems to have become a recluse after his release.

eric7

Post by eric7 » 20 Jul 2013, 21:33

To Dargesflykiller:
my sincere thanks for the information about SS-Sturmbannf. Diefenthal who never committed any war crimes or most of the brave Germans in the SS-Panzer-Div. Leibstandarte , I feel the brave German Waffen-SS soldier who was very charismatic at his trial which I recently saw on you tube.com by accident under Malmedy trial is buried at the war cemetary in ALtenkirchen .
If anyone knows please tell me .
It's very interesting most countries in 1936 were fascinated in Germany likely even Stalin of Russia because the Olympic games was held in Berlin 1936 and not Moscow.
It was the dangerous mistake to invade Russia in 1941 and join Japan against America that opened a two front war that doomed Germany which the German Generals knew and couldn;t do anything.
When Germany declared war against Russia Japan refused because it was afraid of Russia having lost a war against it in the 1900s(?)
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 23 Aug 2013, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: LEIB standarte - not and never LIEB standarte

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 20 Jul 2013, 21:37

Please stay on topic, i.e. Josef Diefenthal.

/Marcus

Harro

Post by Harro » 20 Jul 2013, 21:53

eric7 wrote:SS Sturmbnf. Diefenthal who never committed any war crimes
It seems you've changed overnight from somebody who did not even know that Diefenthal is dead into somebody who has detailed knowledge about Diefenthals Waffen-SS service and wartime career. Or how else can you make the sweep statement that he never committed any warcrimes? I invite you to provide sourced prove for that statement because it seems you're banking on wishful thinking here.

eric7

Post by eric7 » 21 Jul 2013, 00:27

to Marro
you may be correct as I don't know if Major Diefenthal committed any war crimes or not , I just feel he was very charismatic in his trial in 1946
and a shame severely wounded fighting for Germany.
eric7

Moniroth You-Bell
Banned

Post by Moniroth You-Bell » 21 Jul 2013, 05:47

eric7 I get really annoyed when people don't know their stuff. Japan defeated, humiliated the Russian Empire in 1905.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”