Thai Hand Grenades

Discussions on WW2 in the Pacific and the Sino-Japanese War.
albacore

Thai Hand Grenades

Post by albacore » 26 Mar 2017, 22:33

Hi, while looking around I have found information on all kinds of categories of weapons used by the Royal Thai Army in the Franco-Thai war and WW2, except for one area: Hand grenades.

So I was wondering if anyone has any information on this subject? The only thing on the subject mentioned that I have seen has been that they recieved japanese grenades (and other weapons) in 1942. But what about their own grenades before that?

Any information welcome!! :D

Wisarut

Re: Thai Hand Grenades

Post by Wisarut » 03 Oct 2017, 14:04

albacore wrote:Hi, while looking around I have found information on all kinds of categories of weapons used by the Royal Thai Army in the Franco-Thai war and WW2, except for one area: Hand grenades.

So I was wondering if anyone has any information on this subject? The only thing on the subject mentioned that I have seen has been that they recieved japanese grenades (and other weapons) in 1942. But what about their own grenades before that?

Any information welcome!! :D
Should be the one issued by Imperial Japan Army though and at that time Royal Thai Army has a grenade fired from the Type 66 rifle using the bullet of Type 66 as an ignition pin.

albacore

Post by albacore » 05 Oct 2017, 21:44

Wisarut wrote: Should be the one issued by Imperial Japan Army though and at that time Royal Thai Army has a grenade fired from the Type 66 rifle using the bullet of Type 66 as an ignition pin.
First of all, thank you so much for the response! :D
They got grenades from Japan even before their alliance? Also, do you know what the name of the rifle grenade was?

Wisarut

Post by Wisarut » 23 Jul 2018, 09:43

albacore wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 21:44
Wisarut wrote: Should be the one issued by Imperial Japan Army though and at that time Royal Thai Army has a grenade fired from the Type 66 rifle using the bullet of Type 66 as an ignition pin.
First of all, thank you so much for the response! :D
They got grenades from Japan even before their alliance? Also, do you know what the name of the rifle grenade was?
they just use the existing Type 66 rifles with discharges to enable to turn Type 66 bullets into a pin to ignite and launch the grenades.

Return to “WW2 in the Pacific & Asia”