Anyone going to Freiburg?

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by John Calvin and Jeff Leach.
Revellations

Anyone going to Freiburg?

Post by Revellations » 01 May 2018 23:57

I recently just spent a week there and picked up more files and information but the one file I wanted could not be found by staff out back. The staff had a good look for me but said that this occurs all the time and that often it appears in a trolley etc and it goes back in the right place. Is someone going there in the next few weeks and can order it and take photos of a few pages for me?

I would be very appreciated if someone could help.

cheers

Scott

MarkN

Re: Anyone going to Freiburg?

Post by MarkN » 24 Jun 2018 14:30

I might be visiting for a day or two next month (July). Not confirmed. Depends on many other factors out of my control. Which pages from which file are you after?

MarkN

Post by MarkN » 04 Jul 2018 21:25

Enough!!!!

Please just stop.

It is NOT confirmed that I will be going to BAMA this month. If I am lucky, I will get a single day there. If I am extremely lucky, maybe two. I have enough on my own research list to fill up a whole year of research at BAMA - not 1 or 2 days.

The offer above was a simple offer to a single poster who lives on the other side of the globe. No more.

I am NOT offering a free research service. It was NOT an offer for all and sundry to send me their wishlists hoping I'll do all their research for free.

Yes, I've now received 8 requests via various private means to "just copy a couple of files - shouldn't take you too long", "any chance you can look up the following information" and the latest today (which could be a joke) "can you look through the archive for any references to .....".

Each of the 8 have received polite replies that I do not have the time to meet their requests and suggest that they contact one of local researchers that are listed on the BAMA archive. The three of you who then responded with stroppy comebacks can go place your heads where the sun doesn't shine.

Anybody wanting a file copied or some information researched can do so through any of the local researchers. Yes, I know they charge your for that service. Life is so unfair, isn't it?

Revellations

Post by Revellations » 22 Jul 2018 00:54

Mark - thank you for your kind offer and apologise for my late reply. I got caught up with work and then AHF was offline for a few weeks. I am also sorry that you had so many replies and your inbox has been filled by requests....happy to chat via PM if this works for you but also understand if you have changed your mind based on some bad experiences. Thx Scott

MarkN

Post by MarkN » 20 Aug 2018 15:06

Revellations wrote:
22 Jul 2018 00:54
Mark - thank you for your kind offer and apologise for my late reply. I got caught up with work and then AHF was offline for a few weeks. I am also sorry that you had so many replies and your inbox has been filled by requests....happy to chat via PM if this works for you but also understand if you have changed your mind based on some bad experiences. Thx Scott
Didn't make it to Freiburg a month or so back. Might get an opportunity later this year. Let me know which file or document it is you're after so I have the info in advance if I get a sudden and unexpected chance to visit. Post it here or via PM. Whichever suits you.

Revellations

Post by Revellations » 22 Aug 2018 08:18

Mark - Thank you again for making contact. Another friend (researcher) also saw my post and offered and received the file about 2 weeks ago. Thank you again for your willingness to help.

MarkN

Post by MarkN » 30 Aug 2018 16:16

Revellations wrote:
22 Aug 2018 08:18
Mark - Thank you again for making contact. Another friend (researcher) also saw my post and offered and received the file about 2 weeks ago. Thank you again for your willingness to help.
Pleased to read that you're sorted.

Return to “Archives”