SS-Charlemagne soldier in Soviet lagier Krasnovodsk

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Orlov

SS-Charlemagne soldier in Soviet lagier Krasnovodsk

Post by Orlov » 07 Aug 2019, 21:26

Hi!,

I will given the opportunity to interview 97-year-old prof. Witold Kieżun.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witold_Kieżun

Despite his age, he was a great mentor - a hero of the Warsaw Uprising, then arrested in 1945 by the Soviets and sent to Soviet labor camp in Krasnowodsk on the Caspian Sea. And now clue!
Here is what his secretary wrote: "There were 100 people from SS_Charlemagne Division in the camp, everyone was lost. Kieżun spoke a lot with them, because French is his second language. He will gladly tell about it”.

If you have any specific questions to the professor / do you know someone who may be interested in contacting the professor regarding SS-Charlemagne POW’s - please send me info on priv.

Greetings
Orlov

encyclo-collaboration

Re: SS-Charlemagne soldier in Soviet lagier Krasnovodsk

Post by encyclo-collaboration » 10 Aug 2019, 16:33

Hello
i am Grégory Bouysse. I am interested . Even if i doubt i can find names for these...

my mail : [email protected]

lato716

Post by lato716 » 10 Aug 2019, 18:22

Orlov wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 21:26
Hi!,

I will given the opportunity to interview 97-year-old prof. Witold Kieżun.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witold_Kieżun

Despite his age, he was a great mentor - a hero of the Warsaw Uprising, then arrested in 1945 by the Soviets and sent to Soviet labor camp in Krasnowodsk on the Caspian Sea. And now clue!
Here is what his secretary wrote: "There were 100 people from SS_Charlemagne Division in the camp, everyone was lost. Kieżun spoke a lot with them, because French is his second language. He will gladly tell about it”.

If you have any specific questions to the professor / do you know someone who may be interested in contacting the professor regarding SS-Charlemagne POW’s - please send me info on priv.

Greetings
Orlov
Thanks Orlov. I hope you'll send us back informations after your interview.
Regards

Orlov

Post by Orlov » 15 Aug 2019, 16:34

Hello lato716,
Of course - do you have any questions?
Regards
Hubert

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”